Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: New latches on the "tool box"

Quote Originally Posted by adamae View Post
    It is just stuff. People are so much more valuable than material things.
    Ditto. But I gather from original thread that you realize that!

Still, you ought to let them know what they did so they don't do it to someone else's FW, someone who might not be as understanding as you.

Blog Entries
    I always ask my Grandchildren to just love me, not help me.

I think if it had been mine, I wouldn't have to say anything. They would have seen it on my face.

I think I would have been thrilled at their thoughtfulness, and thanked them profusely. Later I would have told them that it didn't quite work, and asked where the old latches were.

Reminds me of a true story a friend told about himself, his sister and his father. Dad bought a new car. it was about 2 months old and the kids decided to surprise him by washing it. The worked on the car for a couple of hours, and were very pleased with their work. They called Dad out to see the wonderful job they did and to get the expected praise.

Dad was pleased at how thoughtful they were and thanked them. He never said a word about the scratches rubbed into the car by the BRILLO pads they used to clean the car.

Now they all laugh about it. I laughed, too, but I don't think I'd have had the same reaction as he did!

I'm sure they were acting out of love. I've learned - took a lonnnngggg time - that sometimes we have to see the thoughtfulness, love and kindness that drove the good intentioned damage.

I'm glad you can laugh over it now. Can't imagine what went through your head when you saw their 'good deed'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3