Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Mallard

New Mallard

I will apologize first for having no pictures. My SIL called this evening asking me about a sewing machine that her son bought at an estate sale. It is a New Mallard, patent date 8-10-1920, serial no. 422929. Have any of you heard of the New Mallard. Where can I go to find more information on it? Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Is it a treadle? Are you sure it is a New Mallard???? Try an internet search for New Millard. Likely a badged machine made by New Home.
    Sweet Caroline

Thank you. I will check as I might have "heard" Mallard and she was saying Millard. I have found absolutely nothing on a New Mallard.

you brought a DUCK! LOL sorry that was the first that popped into my head. couldn't stop my fingers....
    😊 wilburness 😊

Quote Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
    you brought a DUCK! LOL sorry that was the first that popped into my head. couldn't stop my fingers....
    LOL! When I put New Mallard into the search all I got were leads to duck things! Funny!

is it MALLARD or MILLARD ? i can't find anything about Mallard, too but i found THIS ON YOU TUBE ABOUT MILLARD .

Quote Originally Posted by singerguy View Post
    is it MALLARD or MILLARD ? i can't find anything about Mallard, too but i found THIS ON YOU TUBE ABOUT MILLARD .
    Thank you for the you tube video. That is the only thing I have seen about the New MILLARD. It was suggested above that it very well could be a "badged machine made by New Home." Very interesting why there is so little information about the machine. Well, I can tell my SIL that I tried. Thanks.