Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Singer

Blog Entries
    I have a Singer 99- and the serial no. is AMO57452. I can find the date and where it was created, but I have seen 99K but no 99-. Any info will be appreciated. It has the tan and brown case.

I dont know the answer, but if you pop in to the Vintage Machine Shop thread and post there, someone is bound to be able to give you some details!

Kas
    I just tried to look at the Singer site and every time I clicked on "two letter prefix" it kept sending me to the page that tells you where to look. I think the site is having problems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinabug
    I have a Singer 99- and the serial no. is AMO57452. I can find the date and where it was created, but I have seen 99K but no 99-. Any info will be appreciated. It has the tan and brown case.
    You have a 99 that 25,000 of them were allotted on April 18 1955. Yours is at the tail end of the run so it could have been somewhere in August when it was really made. It will use the class 66 bobbins (use the metal ones in this machine) and the 15x1 needles. Basically you have a really sought after machine that will do just about any kind of work that you put in front of it and you can always turn it into a handcrank if it is a portable. They are really neat to use like that and I have one I just love!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    You have a 99 that 25,000 of them were allotted on April 18 1955. Yours is at the tail end of the run so it could have been somewhere in August when it was really made. It will use the class 66 bobbins (use the metal ones in this machine) and the 15x1 needles. Basically you have a really sought after machine that will do just about any kind of work that you put in front of it and you can always turn it into a handcrank if it is a portable. They are really neat to use like that and I have one I just love!

Billy
    I have a hand crank version! I have to admit that I don't use it that often, but it gives me piece of mind that I would still be able to sew in the middle of a power outage. I would dearly love a treadle, but in 11 years here, I haven't seen ONE for sale - they seem to very few and far between. I do so wish I could pick up one the way some board members here do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
    I have a hand crank version! I have to admit that I don't use it that often, but it gives me piece of mind that I would still be able to sew in the middle of a power outage. I would dearly love a treadle, but in 11 years here, I haven't seen ONE for sale - they seem to very few and far between. I do so wish I could pick up one the way some board members here do.
    Thank you so much for the great info. I paid $40 for it and I will be taking it to the shop for a little TLC. It needs the face plate and bobbin case and a good cleaning. Otherwise in great shape. Thanks again
    Frankie

Blog Entries
    If you go to singers web site you can either call or email them w/the model # and they'll tell you all about yours. I emailed them a couple of months about 4 machines that I had; the very next day they sent me an email w/all of the info along with where they were made. I'm going to do it again tonight. I just bought an old singer; model # close to yours it's a 66-16. I used to try and do web searches and would get different answers; this way it comes from Singer and I know it's right.

Blog Entries
    Great information thank you so much!
    Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg
    If you go to singers web site you can either call or email them w/the model # and they'll tell you all about yours. I emailed them a couple of months about 4 machines that I had; the very next day they sent me an email w/all of the info along with where they were made. I'm going to do it again tonight. I just bought an old singer; model # close to yours it's a 66-16. I used to try and do web searches and would get different answers; this way it comes from Singer and I know it's right.

Banned
    Anything you need to know about you Singer is right here......

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

Billy

Singer moved around their pages - what you need is now here:

http://www.singerco.com/support/machineSerialNumbers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast