Thread: New Singer
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Tinabug
I have a Singer 99- and the serial no. is AMO57452. I can find the date and where it was created, but I have seen 99K but no 99-. Any info will be appreciated. It has the tan and brown case.
You have a 99 that 25,000 of them were allotted on April 18 1955. Yours is at the tail end of the run so it could have been somewhere in August when it was really made. It will use the class 66 bobbins (use the metal ones in this machine) and the 15x1 needles. Basically you have a really sought after machine that will do just about any kind of work that you put in front of it and you can always turn it into a handcrank if it is a portable. They are really neat to use like that and I have one I just love!

Billy
I have a hand crank version! I have to admit that I don't use it that often, but it gives me piece of mind that I would still be able to sew in the middle of a power outage. I would dearly love a treadle, but in 11 years here, I haven't seen ONE for sale - they seem to very few and far between. I do so wish I could pick up one the way some board members here do.