Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Noisey 15-91 sewing machine

I have two of these machines and I just love them. I do all my free motion on one of them without the foot. So I just ordered it, thank goodness. These are real work horses. I can't say mine is noisey, like all machines they have their own personality and sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    oregongirl,

There is a knob under the bed near the feed dogs that is used to drop them.

Joe
    fantastic, joe! thank you - i'll go see if i can find it! I'm going to need feet too - there were no accessories at all that came with this one, but it was cheap, so i can't complain!

btw, this machine isn't especially noisy at all. does yours need oil or lubing? that can make them noisy.

i found the thumb screw and released the feed dogs. yippee! i didn't see it at first but then pulled out the manual that i'd downloaded and it told how to drop the feed dogs for darning. now i need that darning foot. i'm looking on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by oregongirl View Post
    btw, this machine isn't especially noisy at all. does yours need oil or lubing? that can make them noisy.

i found the thumb screw and released the feed dogs. yippee! i didn't see it at first but then pulled out the manual that i'd downloaded and it told how to drop the feed dogs for darning. now i need that darning foot. i'm looking on ebay.
    After changing to the "cheapie" fmq foot, the noise is pretty much gone, and I LOVE this machine for the fmquilting that I'm trying to perfect...practice, practice, practice. That's what I do.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3