Old 05-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Google Goddess

wow, not in my budget
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Anyone want to jump on this one??

I just did thanks to you Charlee!!!

I made him an offer and I am going to have a member from the NB pick it up for me if he takes it. I hope he is not a member of this board because it is worth every penny he is asking for it.

There is a story behind the decals and the designer for this machine. The NB has the copies of the patent papers for the design and Claire has photos of the mans home who designed them for Singer. I forgot his name but he also did one other set for Singer.

If you guys dont keep showing me these machines I will never get my bike at this rate!!!

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 12:47 PM
EC

Talk about addictions!!!!! Is there any cure???
Old 05-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Oh my, very pretty but, uh,,,,,,,
Old 05-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Wow that is a beauty! I wonder how much sewing machines cost back then? The details are beautifully done!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crafty1
Wow that is a beauty! I wonder how much sewing machines cost back then? The details are beautifully done!
Back when that machine was new only the folks with money could own something like that. It was somewhere around $600 or so new.

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
Only one photo? for that price there should be front, back, left and right side shown. Maybe the underside, too.
June
There's actually several photos of the machine there...if you enlarge, you see the extra photos on the right margine....

This machine has pristine decals....I'm sure it was most likely taken good care of!

What I love is the guy wants you to leave positive feedback within 24 hours of the purchase! (So he can get his money from Paypal) Yeah...right! I'm gonna do that! You leave positive feedback, you have no course of action if he fails in his part of the deal!!
Charlee, I never knew about the effects of leaving positive feedback. Interesting.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

What I love is the guy wants you to leave positive feedback within 24 hours of the purchase! (So he can get his money from Paypal) Yeah...right! I'm gonna do that! You leave positive feedback, you have no course of action if he fails in his part of the deal!!
I know of the guy selling the machine and he is a stand up guy! Everyone I know that has ever dealt with him personally or on eBay has always said nice things about him. But you are right about leaving feedback first!!

He has the nicest and probably the biggest collection of vintage machines in the country.

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Why would he want feedback in 2 days, then? That sounds weird.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:58 PM

That sure is in good condition..And good luck Billy, I hope he takes your offer. I still like mine and thanks to you and Charlee I found out that I have a "handcrank" and not a "treadle".

OH HOW I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

Mish :0)