Oh my....

Old 05-15-2010, 05:31 PM

Hope you get it Billy -- You really don't NEED a bike anyway -- do ya? :lol: :lol:
Old 05-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I made him an offer and I am going to have a member from the NB pick it up for me if he takes it. I hope he is not a member of this board because it is worth every penny he is asking for it.

There is a story behind the decals and the designer for this machine. The NB has the copies of the patent papers for the design and Claire has photos of the mans home who designed them for Singer. I forgot his name but he also did one other set for Singer.

If you guys dont keep showing me these machines I will never get my bike at this rate!!!

Billy
Congratulations, Billy - it looks as if the machine will get the good home that it deserves :-) I tried to get DH interested, but he wouldn't go for it, lol. I agree that it is certainly more than worth the asking price, based on what I have seen other machines sell for recently.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:45 PM

Billy, DH lost the lower part of his right leg on a bike (hit by drunk driver)---bet that won't happen with a vintage sewing machine no matter how many you have. Hope you get it, it's so much safer. Dh also about had a heart attack on the last two vintage machines I bought. One a Featherweight, one a German hand crank. Both run beautifully and I thought I got them at great deals ($230 and $200 respectively) but he thought I was nuts. I can't imagine what he'd say if I wanted to spend that much on one no matter how pretty it is.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I can't believe that. If I had $1200 I would be hitting the fabric store.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
Billy, DH lost the lower part of his right leg on a bike (hit by drunk driver)---bet that won't happen with a vintage sewing machine no matter how many you have. Hope you get it, it's so much safer.
You do have a point but I am really wanting a bike!!

I had a "Choppers Inc." Billy Lane built bike last year after riding it for about 3 months I sold it for triple of what I paid for it. I really miss riding a bike like that, so I am looking at a few pro built Choppers to ride for my yearly road trip this summer.

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Why would he want feedback in 2 days, then? That sounds weird.
When the amount of the sale exceeds a certain amount, Paypal will hold the funds of the sale from the seller until positive feedback is left or 3 weeks passes...their way of protecting the buyer, but it can sure make it hard on a seller if they're needing the money for something!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:12 AM
EC

I had a "Choppers Inc." Billy Lane built bike last year after riding it for about 3 months I sold it for triple of what I paid for it. I really miss riding a bike like that, so I am looking at a few pro built Choppers to ride for my yearly road trip this summer.

Billy[/quote]

Now you do know, Billy, that you can't go anywhere until everyone's machines are up and running!!!!, right??? (hahahaha)
Old 05-16-2010, 06:58 AM

Congratulations Billy!
I'm happy that this gem is going to the proper home! Seems like it's only fitting.

Take care,
Jennie
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Banned

He refused the offer and I am not upping the ante. I know what he paid for the machine and I know what it would sell for in the UK and I can hold off until I get over there.

I am fixing to deliver the pair of cars I built and I will be getting the cash from the builds and then I am going to get serious about buying a new toy.

Billy
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 AM

Sorry you won't own it, Billy. It sure is a lovely machine.