Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Old Kenmore Sewing machine

Dee

Old Kenmore Sewing machine

I am looking for a 1966 Model 16-I believe of the Kenmore with the cams. This was my 1st sew machine and traded it when I bought my Viking. Where would I start looking? Thanks in advance.

E-bay? Or do a search on google. . . only things I can think of. I had one of the old cam machines, too. Indestructible machine, so there have to be some still around.

Check out Ebay- they have just about any Kenmore and parts that you might be looking for. I check them every day for a Kenmore 1650, (have found a couple-too much money I think) one that might be close to me that I can pick up. Also check at Goodwills and 2nd had store, garage sales too!

Put an ad on Craigs List, so you don't have to pay more for the shipping than what you would pay for the machine.

I may have one its at my daughters house doesn't work something happened to bobbin.
    I know it has cams . will check model # when I can.
    wanda

Check with shopgoodwill.com, under the crafts and hobbies. Goodwill stores from everywere is on the site, and the money goes to them. Becareful, because you will have to pay shipping unless the store is in your area or close. Good Luck.
    Mary Fran G
    Knob Noster
    Missouri

I just bought a kenmore 1941 at a local thrift store for 30.00. It is in mint condition. Look at the thrift stores as well as on ebay...Good luck.

I had a Kenmore with cams and when we moved in Oct. I took that machine to Goodwill. But I forgot I packed all the cams so I have a bunch of cams etc. if you know of anyone needing some.

I have a Kenmore Model 16 in a cabinet. It is a zig-zag machine with all of the cams that go along with it. This machine is in a cabinet with a knee controller instead of a foot pedal. It is in very good shape for its age. I am looking to remove it from my house for little or no cost. It sews beautifully and just had a cleaning and oiling and has the original booklet. Please let me know if you are interested in it.
    Suzanne
    Scotia, NY