Picked up two more

Old 09-21-2013, 11:47 AM

Default Picked up two more

I have contracted the vintage sewing machine bug. I picked up two more yesterday both with cabinets. Now I have five. I only started three weeks ago. I haven't really looked at them yet as I have the Pfaff all torn down and stripping the paint from it today but they look really clean and the Kenmore has everything and the cabinet has a spring assist. Oh my gosh those assists are wonderful. Can someone please tell me how to make more than one paragraph on this forum? My enter button on my keyboard to start a new paragraph doesn't work here although it works everywhere else. Thank you and thanks to everyone for making this a really fun place to visit, I am sitting here with a cup of java trying to wade through the photos thread...
Attached Thumbnails 029.jpg   027.jpg   025.jpg  
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM

Awesome!

That is the first Kenmore I have seen that has round corners on the bed. I believe the copper colored machine that is similar to that one has the square corners.

I have a Kenmore with a spring assist cabinet, and agree that it is a nice feature.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:05 PM

Beautiful finds, congrats!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Beautiful finds, congrats!
Thanks

Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
Awesome!

That is the first Kenmore I have seen that has round corners on the bed. I believe the copper colored machine that is similar to that one has the square corners.

I have a Kenmore with a spring assist cabinet, and agree that it is a nice feature.
I read online this morning doing some research on it that it was the first ZigZig offered by Sears with the Kenmore badge. (1956) Model 112.740 It has on it Simpsons of Sears Ltd. Canada He stated it was very rare but I am so new I don't know. I do love the smoothness of it and everything glides like butter. Can't wait to get to it.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Nice machines. Your avatar is way cool!

Are you running Windows 8? When I upgraded after a PC crash my enter button didn't work either, along with some other issues. I installed Firefox on advice from friends and now everything works great and With Mozilla Firefox I get no pop up adds and cookies are destroyed. It is a free program This is just a suggestion as I don't know what you are running.
peace
peace
Old 09-21-2013, 03:00 PM

I have that model kenmore and if ya send me a pm i can send a manual.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Nice machines. Your avatar is way cool! Thanks

Are you running Windows 8? When I upgraded after a PC crash my enter button didn't work either, along with some other issues. I installed Firefox on advice from friends and now everything works great and With Mozilla Firefox I get no pop up adds and cookies are destroyed. It is a free program This is just a suggestion as I don't know what you are running.
peace
peace
No windows 8, I tried it and immediately went back to windows 7 LOL But I will check it out from that end. Thank you.

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
I have that model kenmore and if ya send me a pm i can send a manual.
Thank you for the offer, fortunately I have most everything for this machine. I have nothing for the Morse so will start looking for a free manual online for it tonight. I think gathering for these machines is half of the fun!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM

Sunflower, I have that problem at work, but not at home. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium at home, and the Pr version at work. I also have Firefox at home and Explorer at work.

Deal is, it recently started happening - I did not have the problem when I first joined, but have for the last few weeks.

I'm not going to ask the IT staff at work about it, they'd just tell me to get off the internet LOL!!

Though I don't frequent a lot of message boards at work, none on the sites I get on other than this one have the problem.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:57 PM

That is very interesting. So maybe it isn't me. Not being able to make paragraph's is driving me nuts..LOL I will check with a few puter geeks elsewhere and see what they say. Maybe I just have to clear the cache or something really simple. If I find out I let you know.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 PM

Before you write anything, click on the slanted A in the very 1st box on the left (above the area where you write). Then you can make paragraphs. I know I read that in a post on here someplace....don't know why BUT, it works!