Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   40 plus year old unsolved crime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/40-plus-year-old-unsolved-crime-t206688.html)

miriam 11-22-2012 02:46 PM

40 plus year old unsolved crime

40 year plus unsolved crime:

Scene of heinous crime:
Shelbyville High School home ec class

Date:
probably in the 1960s

Crime:
defacing school property

Shocking evidence:
name Keith Fowler engraved on Singer 404 sewing machine

Suspect may still live in Indiana
Suspect may be married to Keith Fowler
Suspects may be between 60 and 66 years old
Please come forward if you are the guilty person

miriam 11-22-2012 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shocking evidence: [attach=config]378034[/attach]

miriam 11-22-2012 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The victim:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]378035[/ATTACH]

LoisM 11-22-2012 03:09 PM

That is hilarious! How did you come to own the machine?

J Miller 11-22-2012 03:37 PM

If the guilty party comes forward you gonna give 'em the machine .... or a knuckle sandwich?

Joe

Lyncat 11-22-2012 06:13 PM

When I was 6 years old I scratched my 4 year old brother's name into the lid of my grandma's piano. He didn't know how to write so I was caught! Now the piano is mine, and his name is still there!

miriam 11-22-2012 06:49 PM

I bought the machines from the school - I think there were 15 machines - all but two work - those two were the parts donors. I learned a lot about the Singer 404s and 401s from that lot of machines. I was looking at the bed of that machine and saw looked like letters so I rubbed it with a crayon and could see what it said.

I did a google search - I think I know where a Keith Fowler lives and I found his wife's name. But did he marry the gal who wrote his name on the Home Ec class machine? If so are they still married? Did they have any children? Does she sew? Is she a QB member??? What if he married someone else? Does Keith Fowler know some gal engraved his name on school property? Did she get caught by the teacher? Am I the first to figure out the dirty little secret?

miriam 11-22-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lyncat (Post 5673934)
When I was 6 years old I scratched my 4 year old brother's name into the lid of my grandma's piano. He didn't know how to write so I was caught! Now the piano is mine, and his name is still there!

We bought a brand new car 30 some years ago. Our oldest son wrote his name all over the place on one of the doors. the next day. Then he took a stick and drew all the way around the car.

Lori S 11-22-2012 06:57 PM

This is intersting.. back in the day.. people where encouraged to engrave there names on valuables.. along with there social security number.. so in the event its was ever stolen.. it could be returned. I have my mom's 306W.. good thing it never left the family , since her social security number is etched into it. Funny I never thought about this until you posted this .

miriam 11-22-2012 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5673772)
If the guilty party comes forward you gonna give 'em the machine .... or a knuckle sandwich?

Joe

I have a lot invested in that machine. I want answers...:D