Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   40 plus year old unsolved crime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/40-plus-year-old-unsolved-crime-t206688.html)

Friday1961 11-23-2012 08:20 AM

Is it not possible that Keith Fowler himself took Home Ec and engraved his own name on the machine? Boys took Home Ec when I was in high school -- I was in a class with the first boys (most were our friends) to ever to enroll in a Home Ec course. They did it mostly as a joke...and to be around girls....but the teachers Loved it and encouraged them. They had great fun and so did we. We were all ahead of our time, I think. :)

T-Anne 11-23-2012 10:26 AM

That is so funny. I would think he would get a hoot out of it, even if he was the culprit! LOL

QuiltingGrannie 11-23-2012 10:54 AM

Oh, what a great story. I would contact him and just take it from there. Please keep us updated!
Such a great mystery!

gzuslivz 11-23-2012 11:03 AM

Absolutely contact him. I think that most people would find this humorous. Cam you imagine how awesome it would be if his wife had a crush on him in high school, carved his name on the sewing machine and then later got married! Can you tell that I'm a romantic?

Muv 11-23-2012 11:34 AM

Miriam, get the school year books. We want to know what this geezer looked like. Was he worth risking getting caught during needlework class?

miriam 11-23-2012 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5674962)
Miriam, get the school year books. We want to know what this geezer looked like. Was he worth risking getting caught during needlework class?

a good point - but he would be old and perhaps ugly by now.

miriam 11-23-2012 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5674925)
Absolutely contact him. I think that most people would find this humorous. Cam you imagine how awesome it would be if his wife had a crush on him in high school, carved his name on the sewing machine and then later got married! Can you tell that I'm a romantic?

Yeah but what if he divorced and remarried and the new wife is the jealous sort...

HiDesertQuilter 11-23-2012 04:43 PM

Oh my gosh. This brings back memories........No, I'm not the carver of the now famous Keith Fowler......I carved my brothers name on my folks toilet seat (I was mad at him for being mean). I just learned how to print his name. The seat was that horrid green color that was all the rage and I was inventive.....I used one of my mothers bobby pins to do the crime.

miriam 11-24-2012 03:33 AM

I wonder what 'tool' was used to do the crime?

Lyncat 11-24-2012 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=J Miller;5674094]Oh yeah, in Phoenix, AZ it was called "Operation Identification". Just call the Phx PD at 602-262-6151 (still a current Phx PD non emergency number) and they'd loan you an engraver.
I had my own engraver and put my drivers license number; D-111X1X all over my tools. They got stolen and I've never seen a one.

From Lynnie:
for several years the AZ drivers license number was your social security number! My. Dad goes to a lot of yard sales and buys tools...I'll tell him to keep an eye out for yours! Lol