Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Featherweight sewing machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-sewing-machines-t122557.html)

vintage cowgirl 05-12-2011 08:51 AM

I really would like a featherweight but don't know what a good price is, how about around $300.00 ?

jmabby 05-12-2011 08:56 AM

Depending where you live and what you can afford. I would say between $200-$300 (includes s/h). I think if you have patience you will find one at that price.

greenini 05-12-2011 08:57 AM

Depends on condition. I paid $125 for a rough looking machine about 10 yrs ago in Angleton Tex at an antique store. She sews well, but the decals are faded, there are some other condition issues. I would maybe pay $300 for one in almost perfect condition, with a pretty good case, all the extra attachments (ruffler, hemmer, wide hemmer, tucker & buttonholer maybe, edger), an original book.

For a special machine like maybe a Centennial in above condition, I'd maybe go $500. A 222 would go for $800-900.
JMO on prices, I still see an awful lot of folks that get 'em at yard or estate sales for under $50! That's my dream, to find one in really nice condition for under $100 ;)

Grambi 05-12-2011 09:06 AM

I just bought one on ebay a month or so ago. It is in great condition, had been serviced (had a receipt for the service)has several feet. I paid $320 plus shipping.

lyndaloo 05-12-2011 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl
I really would like a featherweight but don't know what a good price is, how about around $300.00 ?

I am going to try to post a picture of "Trudy" that I got off EBay about 2 weeks ago. I paid $395 plus shipping and I'm very happy with her. She had been cleaned and serviced and came with a one month warranty. If I had not been happy with her, I could have returned her. No way, I love this baby!

Trudy 1950 Model
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196180[/ATTACH]

craftybear 05-12-2011 09:40 AM

Yes, I am also looking to buy a Featherweight sewing machine

sueisallaboutquilts 05-12-2011 09:53 AM

Prices do vary. I would flip if I found one at a yard sale!! :D
I paid 212.00 + shipping for a really good one with everything and it had been serviced as well. I feel I kind of got a deal b/c they are going for more these days on Ebay.
I've only had mine a year and use it a ton!!

I would pay more for one if I had to but not over 300.00, but that's just me :)

PS I love Trudy!!! :thumbup:

Grambi 05-12-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Prices do vary. I would flip if I found one at a yard sale!! :D
I paid 212.00 + shipping for a really good one with everything and it had been serviced as well. I feel I kind of got a deal b/c they are going for more these days on Ebay.
I've only had mine a year and use it a ton!!

I would pay more for one if I had to but not over 300.00, but that's just me :)

PS I love Trudy!!! :thumbup:

Trudy is beautiful! I haven't used my yet and I've had it a month or more. I have hardly been able to sit and sew for awhile--dealing with severe sciatic pain. I can't wait to sit down and try it out. It looks so uncomplicated and down to earth. I got a 301 model a week after my FW and have it in for service and tuning so I have two new ones to try out. Need to name them both, too.

Dingle 05-12-2011 12:59 PM

I just got one off e-bay for $200.00. I was the only bidder. One went off yesterday for $167.50 and $18.00 to ship. The seller had no idea what he had and it showed in his listing. Someone got a great deal.

dunster 05-12-2011 01:08 PM

A couple of years ago I bought a featherweight in great shape, together with its folding table (not in such great shape, had to replace the veneer on top) for $300. Since then it seems like all the prices I see on craigslist are going up and up, but I don't know if those machines are selling at the inflated prices. Shop around and don't be afraid to offer less than the asking price. Be prepared to walk away if the price looks too high, and eventually you will find a good one. Good luck!