Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Help! Pleeeease?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/help-pleeeease-t217370.html)

HapaMom 03-25-2013 07:32 PM

Help! Pleeeease?!

I haven't been here in forever and wow has this place changed! I'm new to Vintage machines and my affinity is for the models made in the 50s. But on to my cry for help ...

I have a Lenco 414 straight stitch, made in Japan (I think this thing is solid cast iron?! WOW!) and since my mother (she was from Japan) is no longer with us (sadly, the machine is not from her but a craigslist purchase) I can't ask her how to thread it. I thought I had it but there is a part at the top towards the front of the machine (left side) and it has a little lever at the bottom of it that if I press it it pops up. However, I tried wrapping the thread around this heavily grooved vertical "post" and the thread would not move, so assumed it was not to be threaded through, yet when I try to sew, nothing happens so I'm missing something.

Let me know if you need pics. I can't find anything on the internet anywhere to help me so I appeal to the experts. Mahalo a nui loa for any kokua (thank you very much for any help)

*HUGS* and Alohas,
Bridgette
^.^

Painiacs 03-25-2013 08:58 PM

Id need to see a picture! Its not an auto threader? Thats what i have?

miriam 03-26-2013 02:23 AM

I need to see some pics.

HapaMom 03-26-2013 07:33 AM

*DOH*! I guess pics would help! LOL! I was up til almost 3 a.m. trying to figure this out and I think I have. The post at the top that had me baffled has to do with needle tension, being a Quilter, I LIKE THAT! I still haven't figured out how to thread the part that is part of the needle arm, has a hole in it and is directly below the thread feeder (the part that goes up and down and sticks out of the front of the machine). Now to figure out how to attach pics *rolling eyes at self*

HapaMom 03-26-2013 07:38 AM

HA! Yah, no clue (on how to attach pics) ... no icons for me to click on that I can find and I have forgotten how, haven't posted here in so long. Do I copy/paste links or something?

SteveH 03-26-2013 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This should help. There is an option to load form web or from computer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404510[/ATTACH]

irishrose 03-26-2013 08:56 AM

If you don't have icons, go to 'Forum Actions' in the aqua bar near the top of this page, then choose 'General Settings', then 'Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG' (way down), last hit 'Save' and the icons will show up.

HapaMom 03-26-2013 11:20 AM

AH! Wonderful, thank you IrishRose, much better! :thumbup: Now for the pics ... yay, got my colours and fonts back, too! woo hoo!

Hmmmmm ... now it keeps saying that my uploads are failing each time I try to load a pic *slaps forehead*

I've figured most of it out, that the post on the top is for needle tension and the threading but there is one part that I don't get and still need help with ... but of COURSE I can't get the pic to load!
:D

I'm going to go out and come back in and see if that fixes it.

miriam 03-26-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by HapaMom (Post 5954642)
I haven't been here in forever and wow has this place changed! I'm new to Vintage machines and my affinity is for the models made in the 50s. But on to my cry for help ...

I have a Lenco 414 straight stitch, made in Japan (I think this thing is solid cast iron?! WOW!) and since my mother (she was from Japan) is no longer with us (sadly, the machine is not from her but a craigslist purchase) I can't ask her how to thread it. I thought I had it but there is a part at the top towards the front of the machine (left side) and it has a little lever at the bottom of it that if I press it it pops up. However, I tried wrapping the thread around this heavily grooved vertical "post" and the thread would not move, so assumed it was not to be threaded through, yet when I try to sew, nothing happens so I'm missing something.

Let me know if you need pics. I can't find anything on the internet anywhere to help me so I appeal to the experts. Mahalo a nui loa for any kokua (thank you very much for any help)

*HUGS* and Alohas,
Bridgette
^.^

see if this link is any help: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html

HapaMom 03-26-2013 11:54 AM

Nope, still not loading *rolling eyes*. Thank you for the link, Miriam and I did check there previously hoping to find an answer before posting here but no luck. Not one of those machines has the extra eye that I'm looking for info on ... DRAT! Wish I could figure out why my pics won't load ACK!