Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   High bids for blue clone ... why???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/high-bids-blue-clone-why-t199537.html)

cabbagepatchkid 09-05-2012 03:56 AM

I have one that is almost identical but it is badged as a Capri. I found mine at a local thrift store. It's one of my favorites....a quiet machine and a really nice stitch.

Caroline S 09-05-2012 07:09 AM

Kitsy, I have a BLUE light assy that came on a Singer Redeye. Must have been someone's fix in the past. I thought about keeping. Geez, for what? Anyway, I will post a pic of it. It may match your blue machine. It is yours if you think it will match close enough.

Caroline S 09-05-2012 08:10 AM

BLUE light assy

2 Attachment(s)
I tried to take good enough pics this morning in order to show the best color. It needs to be rewired as the wiring is brittle with exposed wires.

thepolyparrot 09-05-2012 11:08 AM

The blue is a gorgeous color, the faceplate is ornate, lots of accessories present. I'd pay more than that, if I was in love with the machine.

I'm still crying about the turquoise-blue Morse Fotomatic IV that I passed up on CL because I thought they were asking too much. I still wish I hadn't chosen that one time in my life to be a tightwad.

nancia 09-05-2012 02:15 PM

i understand what a clone is, but what model is the blue machine a clone of?

J Miller 09-05-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5493428)

Singer Model 15-90 or so. They are not "exact" clones, but are based on the Model 15s. The Japanese added things like feed dog drop knobs on the bed next to the base of the pillar and a rainbow of gorgeous colors.

Joe

Caroline S 09-05-2012 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5493428)

Echoing Joe here. That's the fun part. Trying to figure that out. The Japanese took the basic design from the Singer 15 and then added other features from White, Brother, Necchi and others. They did a darn good job of producing excellent sewing machines.

barny 09-05-2012 04:17 PM

So do I. It is amazing how much you all know. I long to learn a lot.

Jingle 09-05-2012 05:48 PM

I would gladly pay that if I were in the market for another clone, it is beautiful and has so many accessories with it. I paid 100.00 for a badged Japanese 15-clone. My Grandson had it given to him while helping a friend's family move. It was brand new had never been oiled or used. No manual or anything. Just one foot. I bought a light and 5-6 belts until I got one that fit, oiled it up and it sews perfect. I just finished sewing strips together for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
I got help from Joe and another man here and some info on it. This board is great with knowledge everyone is willing to share.

nancia 09-05-2012 06:49 PM

thanks! i check in here more and more frequently. you are enticing me and that has to be illegal!LOL next thing you know i'll be looking for vintage machines and a good divorce lawyer( one who quilts, preferably!)