Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Mason Rotary treadle machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/mason-rotary-treadle-machine-t217146.html)

Shilohsr 03-25-2013 07:42 AM

I agree that the machine was made by White

Thank you, Caroline, for your response. I have been researching vintage machines and I agree with you that it was probably made by White Sewing Machine Company. I have not been able to find the Serial Number on any of the sites. But, I'm not giving up!

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5951269)
I am going to guess that your Mason Rotary Treadle was made by the White Sewing Machine Company circa 1900 or before.

Shilohsr 03-25-2013 07:46 AM

Thank you for the compliment on the cabinet! It IS beautiful! I rubbed some machine oil on the head and around the base of the machine and it really perks up! I'm so fortunate to have gotten this one. While I wasn't in the market for another vintage machine, I couldn't pass it up! I'm working on getting organized, too....am running out of space!!

Carol34446 03-25-2013 01:16 PM

So glad space or lack of is not just my problem.

JBeamer 03-25-2013 01:40 PM

That sure is a good looking machine. Just think of how great it will look when it's cleaned up. Congrats and good luck finding your bobbin plate cover.
PS I live in Bossier too.

Shilohsr 03-25-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBeamer (Post 5953923)
That sure is a good looking machine. Just think of how great it will look when it's cleaned up. Congrats and good luck finding your bobbin plate cover.
PS I live in Bossier too.

So, where in Bossier do you live? Do you own vintage machines?

Glenn 03-25-2013 02:16 PM

I to think it is a White FR and it might be an older one.

Shilohsr 03-25-2013 02:20 PM

Glenn, I think we are on the right track. Today I found a machine manual for " A G Mason Florence Family Rotary sewing machine (SMM2160a), which I ordered. The picture in the manual of the bobbin area is identical to my machine.

Glenn 03-25-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shilohsr (Post 5954020)
Glenn, I think we are on the right track. Today I found a machine manual for " A G Mason Florence Family Rotary sewing machine (SMM2160a), which I ordered. The picture in the manual of the bobbin area is identical to my machine.

I was sure it was but wanted to do some research and yes made by White, Mason use a lot of White, Davis etc and put his name on the.

quilter2090 03-27-2013 08:44 AM

This is a dead ringer for my mom's White Family Rotary treadle sewing machine. It's amazing how these old sewing machines held up through time. What are the odds that our new computerized sewing machines will be usable 100 years from now. My Mom's White Family Rotary sewing machine still works today. After my Mom died, I put her treadle sewing machine in storage and when I took it out of storage it was totally frozen. I oiled it, cleaned it and it works perfectly.Her White was made in 1926. If you need a manual, check out Singer.com. Have fun.They came with a lot of attachments. I was watching The Quilt Show and Alex Anderson was talking about the Bernina ruffler foot and how great it was. She had just discovered this fantastic foot! I laughed, my Mom's 1926 White Family Rotary sewing machine came with a ruffler foot, hardly a new idea! Enjoy your new (old) sewing machine

SFay 09-13-2015 12:14 PM

Hi Shilohsr,
I too,have just acquired a Mason Rotary quite similar to yours. Mine is FR 7069691 which is near your serial number so I am wondering if you've learned anything further about your machine since the last post in this thread.
Best Regards,
SFay