Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   my heart is pounding! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-heart-pounding-t219983.html)

ArchaicArcane 04-26-2013 10:35 AM

Congrats!! I notice too that the case lining is different than most of the ones we usually see.
I'm thinking that has to do with the older series of machines. Yours is one of 20,000 with serial numbers allocated July 11, 1939, and I'm guessing that it has a leather handle, yes?

tenngal 04-26-2013 12:21 PM

I hope you get it !!!!!

Twolees 04-26-2013 06:03 PM

Congrats. Happy for you.

Lara122 04-26-2013 06:19 PM

yes, Tammi -- most of the handle is taped with black electrician's tape, but where it joins the case, I think it is leather. I am *finally* sitting down, and I refuse to get up to go look!! =))

I will get some pictures on tomorrow. I still haven't had time to plug it in. I can tell you my family was like . . "" ohhkay "" even after I explained that it was like a holy grail for a nickel. thanks guys =((

I really appreciate the congratulations!! I know you all 'get it'!! =)))

Hummer Lady 04-26-2013 06:41 PM

You bet, we "Get IT"

Originally Posted by Lara122 (Post 6028351)
yes, Tammi -- most of the handle is taped with black electrician's tape, but where it joins the case, I think it is leather. I am *finally* sitting down, and I refuse to get up to go look!! =))

I will get some pictures on tomorrow. I still haven't had time to plug it in. I can tell you my family was like . . "" ohhkay "" even after I explained that it was like a holy grail for a nickel. thanks guys =((

I really appreciate the congratulations!! I know you all 'get it'!! =)))

Congratulations, Lara! I'm equally trilled for you! I've gotten 2 for tremendously low prices ($30 & $60), and my heart is STILL racing. I love these little ladies. I take mine to workshops and to mini-group sew-ins all the time. Such a great stitch and delightful to sew with.

You can get replacement "feet" called bed cushions from April 1930's for $5.95 with not postage. They arrive in a couple of days. If one is missing, probably the rest are bad. She also has replacement screws if you need them. I just replaced a couple of sets for two elderly ladies in my quilt guild.

Have fun with her!

cabbagepatchkid 04-27-2013 05:16 AM

Congratulations!!!! Don't you just love Craigslist?

callen 04-27-2013 06:07 AM

Congrats to you.........she looks in very good shape.

MimiBug123 04-27-2013 10:02 AM

Yea! So happy for you! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my two. Their names are Phoebe and Fiona and they are precious girls!

Lara122 04-27-2013 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I cannot get pictures to upload -- I have been trying all afternoon! The light and the motor work fine -- I think it is on 'bobbin winding' as the needle doesn't move when the motor runs, but the wheel in front of the handwheel moves. The belt is slipping also, I think. Trying to 'learn' about them, but dial up is NOT cooperating today =//

citruscountyquilter 04-27-2013 11:25 AM

Congratulations! Make sure it is well lubricated before you use it otherwise you may seize the motor. I have three featherweights and would not part with any of them. Love, love, love them and use them all the time. You should have no problem getting the foot or any parts for them for that matter.