Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/national-2-spool-treadle-sewing-machine-t222394.html)

burgett 05-27-2013 08:21 PM

National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine

Hello everyone! I hope I am posting in the right place. About 6 years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a National 2 Spool Treadle when she moved. She said it had been in her family for ages but didn't have the room. I am an avid seamstress and she thought I might like it. However, I have never really been into older machines (not for any good reason, just sew for my kiddos and have no use for it) and do not find the style of the cabinet my taste. Long story short, I have used it as a decorative piece of furniture in my home. I finally decided I don't have the room for it and was going to sell it. My problem is that there is hardly any information on them as far as what a fair asking price would be. I found a few pictures and it appears that the cabinet is original to the machine (not sure if they are even interchangeable to other cabinets???) and not sure if I should sell it as a set locally or take out the machine and put it on Ebay? Any help would be amazing!!! I can take pictures if it helps too. I am thinking she said it works but I have no idea what I would even do to see! As far as I can tell, the only thing that appears missing is the footplate and rod that connects it. I might have the attachments (they got separated from the machine...) but no manual. Please help anyone!

pennycandy 05-28-2013 03:45 AM

Sorry, I can't help you with a price. Most of the treadle I see on Ebay are listed as local pickup only. They are heavy and large, it is expensive to ship. Finding the attachments would be a plus. Yes, posting pictures would help.

Candace 05-28-2013 06:08 AM

Does it have the spool can with it? If not, then the machine is basically decorative. The cans are very expensive and hard to replace and typically worth more than the machine, from what I understand.

Quilt Novice 05-28-2013 10:35 AM

Have you checked with your mother-in-law yet. She might not want it to be sold off. Maybe she would want it back, or maybe she would like to keep it in the family.

burgett 05-28-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Novice (Post 6090341)
Have you checked with your mother-in-law yet. She might not want it to be sold off. Maybe she would want it back, or maybe she would like to keep it in the family.

I thought that too so I asked her....she said to do whatever I want with it and she doesn't want it back. :)

burgett 05-28-2013 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6089793)
Does it have the spool can with it? If not, then the machine is basically decorative. The cans are very expensive and hard to replace and typically worth more than the machine, from what I understand.

It does have the spool can (the metal casing underneath is what you are talking about????). I just took a few pictures so will load those in a few. :)

burgett 05-28-2013 11:28 AM

I added pictures but they are waiting to be approved. :)

SteveH 05-28-2013 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by burgett (Post 6090413)
I added pictures but they are waiting to be approved. :)

"approved"??? I have never had to have a pic approved.... hmmm

jennb 05-28-2013 05:08 PM

maybe since she's a new member...though I know for one I would love to see this machine. A two spool is on my now very very short want list. Just about everything else has been crossed off :D)

burgett 05-28-2013 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6090792)
"approved"??? I have never had to have a pic approved.... hmmm

It gave me a message saying it had to be approved by moderation. I will try to repost them...