Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Old Necchi Questions????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/old-necchi-questions-t201249.html)

quiltingweb 09-24-2012 05:35 PM

I was so excited when I found mine. A man was selling his mother's machine. She used it all the time and had it serviced regularly. I tried REALLY hard not to show my excitement when I saw it. It's my only Necchi and I really love it. A little oil and cleaning and it works wonderfully. I'm a member over at the Yahoo group...mostly lurking...but there is a wealth of information there.

Barb

JustJeanne 09-24-2012 06:02 PM

I am getting more and more excited about this machine, 1st off it is really cool looking, reminds me of the older singers, I did join Polly's group and what a wealth of info. on there, so much fun to find someone else who likes these machines. My Husband's Aunt will be SOOO HAPPY when I tell her I got it running. My Husband passed away 2 years ago, his Aunt is 94 and I have 3 Daughters and only 1 of them is interested in sewing, so my goal (Unless I decide I want to keep it myself) is to get this one fixed up for her and give it to her for Christmas :) All my machines are older machines, 2 old kenmores, an older singer, and the only newer one I have is the one I sew on most of the time, a 6 year old Kenmore that I thought I needed to have to quilt because it is has decorative stitching and I like doing embroidery but what I found out since I bought it is I would rather do hand embroidery than machine embroidery. :)

quiltingweb 09-24-2012 06:18 PM

I bought a Viking/Husqvarna #1+ because I wanted to try machine embroidery. My mother-in-law had one similar and she does amazing things...It's really not for me, letting the machine do all the work. Lesson learned.

Barb

miriam 09-25-2012 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingweb (Post 5539184)
I bought a Viking/Husqvarna #1+ because I wanted to try machine embroidery. My mother-in-law had one similar and she does amazing things...It's really not for me, letting the machine do all the work. Lesson learned.

Barb

Been there - vintage for me

tildiemae 09-25-2012 11:24 AM

I'm not sure of the model number of the Necchi I have but it is pink. It came with a really neat sewing cabinet and I occasionally use it when I want to machine sew at our summer cottage. It does run quiet but tends to race off without me being in control!!! Anyone else know more about this machine?

quiltingweb 09-25-2012 12:53 PM

No, but when I got mine, the knee lever stuck a bit, so it was either stopped, or full speed ahead. I oiled the hinges of the knee lever and now it's very smooth. Mine also has a speed control switch. I can flip it to fast or slow. It's a little toggle switch on the right side of the base plate. You might find information by joining the Necchi group in yahoo groups that was linked earlier in this thread. There is a lot of information there, manuals, etc