Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is This An Origianl Necchi Cabinet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/origianl-necchi-cabinet-t276035.html)

Blackberry 02-23-2016 06:59 AM

Is This An Origianl Necchi Cabinet

3 Attachment(s)
I recently posted about my purchase of a Necchi BU Mira and it came in this cabinet. I was wondering if this might be an original Necchi cabinet. The knee pedal controller is different that what is usually seen on singer or Kenmore. I am trying to decide if I should try and get all of the accessories to this machine or if I should just use it for straight stitch piecing. All ideas would be appreciated.

Cari-in-Oly 02-23-2016 10:45 AM

The Necchi group I belong to isn't cooperating this morning for me to check their cabinet photos but I believe it is a Necchi cabinet. In any case it isn't one you see every day, I'd hang onto it if it were mine. I always try to get the fiddly bits for my special machines but necchi bits tend to be expensive. I only have a Lelia straight stitch machine so don't have a large amount of fiddly bits for it. I'll be sure to ask around at our PNW get together on March 13th if anyone has any Mira bits.

Cari

Blackberry 02-23-2016 12:20 PM

Thank you Cari. I would really appreciate you doing that for me.

KenmoreGal2 02-23-2016 12:23 PM

Love the cabinet! Very mid century modern.

MFord 02-23-2016 01:29 PM

Yes, beautiful cabinet!

Mickey2 02-23-2016 02:23 PM

It very well coud be. I haven't seen this particular table hands on but I have seen a curvey type similar to this, but with a foling flaps on each side. I think there is a more angular cabinet too, where the flaps fold out the same as the curved parts. I found this picture on the web, it's at least not the only one in this model cabinet. How easily would a Necchi fit into other cabinets made for other brands.

Cari-in-Oly 02-23-2016 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey2 (Post 7474866)
How easily would a Necchi fit into other cabinets made for other brands.

Mickey Necchi machines have the same footprint/hinge spacing as Singers and others. The problem usually seen with trying to put a Necchi into another brands' cabinet is that Necchi hinge pins have a smaller diameter and so do the hinge pin holes on some of the machines. So you either have to grind the hinge pins a bit smaller or drill the hinge pin holes a bit larger. I had no problems putting my 510 Lelia into a generic Japanese cabinet.

Cari

mtpockets1 02-24-2016 08:25 AM

You got a great cabinet! I too believe it is original but they do usually put a metal tag inside that tells you. That machine is also a zig zagger and should sew just beautifully. They are really quiet machines.

I went back and looked at the accessories you had with the machine and all I see you need is the handle for the buttonhole cutters and I think the rods to attach the Wonder Wheel to the stitch controller and the needle positioner. I have never used the Wonder Wheel so I'm not sure how well that works. Seems like you've got everything else you need. Saw a metal plate with the accessories in the other thread, check and see if that goes to the machine or the cabinet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NECC...IAAOSwa-dWsSxm

Hope the link works. I attached only so you could see the metal rods and watch or see if they are among the pieces you have. That listing is really high and I have learned the hard way that patience truly is a virtue! I too will look and see if I have any extra. May take some time but should get to it today and then will let you know!

Hope you get everything oiled and moving smoothly because they are really nice machines!

Lisa

callen 02-24-2016 09:30 AM

Love that cabinet. Sew different with the curved edges.

PatriciaPf 02-24-2016 06:06 PM

That cabinet looks so Italian! Beautiful.