Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Screwdriver Needed for FW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/screwdriver-needed-fw-t174977.html)

Canada Kate 01-09-2012 07:21 AM

Screwdriver Needed for FW

I need a small screwdriver to take the plate off my FW to clean out the lint. The screw at the back is very sticky and the small screwdriver that I do have is too tall to fit there, so I am only able to turn the screw about 1/8th of a turn each time. I recall seeing someone post on here a link to a company that sells a sewing machine screwdriver that is about the size of a dime and costs $8-10. I did a search but cannot find the link to it. Does anyone know where I could find this tool?

jljack 01-09-2012 09:27 AM

You can get a "bent" screwdriver at a hardware store. The shaft looks like a "L" with the short leg having the "blade" at the end.

Tink's Mom 01-09-2012 02:30 PM

Just go to a hardware store...you can find a stubby one that will work just fine.

Wintersewer 01-10-2012 04:30 AM

Morko Industries makes a flat screwdriver about the size of a quarter. It's essential for screws on the bed of the machine, for me, anyway.

Nanamoms 01-10-2012 06:45 AM

I googled Morko Industries and didn't come up with a site with screwdrivers but rather industrial scales. Do you have the link to the one with the screwdriver? I have the stubbies but they are still to large to use on my Brother 700II embr. machine. I have had to use a dime to remove the throat plate and it's a bugger!!

Caroline S 01-10-2012 07:28 AM

Flat Screwdriver

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Canada Kate (Post 4857579)
I need a small screwdriver to take the plate off my FW to clean out the lint. The screw at the back is very sticky and the small screwdriver that I do have is too tall to fit there, so I am only able to turn the screw about 1/8th of a turn each time. I recall seeing someone post on here a link to a company that sells a sewing machine screwdriver that is about the size of a dime and costs $8-10. I did a search but cannot find the link to it. Does anyone know where I could find this tool?

This is a picture of the flat screwdriver that came with my Elna. You could try to find one similar at your hardware store. Mine is about the size of a quarter.

Wintersewer 01-10-2012 07:50 AM

I'm sorry, It's MorKo Products and the item is a throat plate screwdriver.

Rose_P 01-10-2012 12:59 PM

I have a little screwdriver similar to the Morko, which I got at Sears, I think. If you still have trouble turning the screw, it might be good to try some penetrating oil on it. It will seep in around the screw and help to break down any rust around it.

valleyquiltermo 01-10-2012 01:07 PM

stubby screwdriver search on Google came up with a bunch of them.

Nanamoms 01-10-2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer (Post 4861024)
I'm sorry, It's MorKo Products and the item is a throat plate screwdriver.

Great! You're going to cost me some $$....neat embroidery tools!!