Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-japanese-badged-sewing-machine-fancy-stitches-t207880.html)

miriam 07-07-2013 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6164957)
I wouldn't put money into it if the camstack is cracked. You should check that first thing.

The 237 would be the better machine.

Maggie67 07-07-2013 08:40 PM

The 237 works beautifully.....I love it!! It is a Keeper!

grannysewer 07-09-2013 02:51 PM

Chrystal, who made your machine? I have some of those cams, but don't know which machine they fit.

Bobbie

frudemoo 04-02-2014 04:14 AM

Myer Deluxe

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! Just found this thread - super cool :D

This is my new toy, I ended up back here searching around for other machines like it after Google turned up absolutely nothing. I was really surprised as I have seen a few Myer Deluxe models here over the past couple of years. I didn't think they were that uncommon.

Anyway, I've never seen one exactly like this before so I thought I'd add mine to the gallery of other 'pretties'...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469731[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-02-2014 05:06 AM

Amelia - that one has some class!

grant15clone 04-02-2014 05:28 AM

It looks like it not only can sew, but tell the weather and play music all at the same time. :D
I love the fabric cord BTW. And does that have an unusual case?
~G~

Rodney 04-02-2014 07:46 AM

Frudemoo that's a great machine! These early zigzags remind me of cars from 1958 or 59 when the chrome and fins were at their peak and were completely overdone.
Miriam already posted a picture of the one Japanese fancy stitch machine I own. It's the orange Monkey Wards model she showed us. It's not overly fancy but works well.
Rodney

Trene 04-02-2014 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Fleetwood Deluxe. I have only been able to narrow it down to being made in Japan because of the Japanese script cast into the underside of the body. it is a work horse, and sews brilliantly on fine fabrics as well as heavy canvas.

miriam 04-02-2014 02:08 PM

I have a couple with that big wide throat plate - one is a Capitol. Nice machine BUT I have a Singer nearly identical and it is a POJ.

frudemoo 04-03-2014 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6656612)
Amelia - that one has some class!

Hey, thanks Miriam :) I think so too... can't wait to give it a go, I think I'd better get dad to check the electrics on this one, it's got some 'red wire/green wire' action going on - he's busy rebuilding a vintage amplifier at the moment so I have to try and be patient ;)

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6656655)
It looks like it not only can sew, but tell the weather and play music all at the same time. :D
I love the fabric cord BTW. And does that have an unusual case?
~G~

I'm sure it can do all of those things Grant! The case is sitting behind it in the pic. Nothing terribly unusual except for being in such fantastic condition and such a nice colour. The handle is white vinyl.

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6656863)
Frudemoo that's a great machine! These early zigzags remind me of cars from 1958 or 59 when the chrome and fins were at their peak and were completely overdone.
Miriam already posted a picture of the one Japanese fancy stitch machine I own. It's the orange Monkey Wards model she showed us. It's not overly fancy but works well.
Rodney

Looks great Rodney! The other Myer Deluxe models I've seen have more chrome than this and are a deeper metallic sky blue. Pretty striking! Must have been the most common one released in Australia. There seems to be much more variety in the USA.