Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 05-17-2012 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5222973)
Miriam, either one of those 301's a long bed?

Nancy

no long bed - I sighted a black one though - north of here...

BoJangles 05-17-2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5223000)
no long bed - I sighted a black one though - north of here...

Hummmmm, I was going to try to talk you out of one of the 301's if you had a long bed! I am hooked on the 301 for taking to classes, socials, and piecing! I have also used it occasionally here when I set an electric machine up on the counter so I can watch TV with DH. My 15-88 treadle, that sits behind the sofa, is being used for quilting a quilt as you go right now - and, I am too lazy to have to switch the feet and thread for a different project! Anyway, if I find a 301 with a long bed for a reasonable price I will get one! I'm feeling guilty as I use to only take one of my FW's on excursions!

Nancy

BoJangles 05-17-2012 05:06 AM

Just like I thought, I have not received a reply to my e-mail asking about the 262 Pfaff. I made that reply look like I was really excited about the Pfaff too - told the people I love Pfaff's and really want to see this one! I am about to give up on the ads with no phone number! I think our e-mails probably go into spam!

Nancy

Candace 05-17-2012 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5222640)
Ok, thanks, I think you are making sense. I can do that pretty easily. Did you put a box inside a box? I think that would be safer.

Miriam, I didn't but I packaged the heck out of it! I wrapped it in bubble wrap with plastic to keep it tightly on and used styrofoam for protection. I think I have the e-mail from the repair tech that showed me how to do it that I can forward on to you, if I can find it? Basically, the odds of it getting damaged were pretty close to nothing after I was finished packing. But, it took over an hour to do and probably $25 of packing supplies! Packing supplies are not cheap:< And I wanted this machine to get there perfectly. Which it did.

Candace 05-17-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5223034)
Just like I thought, I have not received a reply to my e-mail asking about the 262 Pfaff. I made that reply look like I was really excited about the Pfaff too - told the people I love Pfaff's and really want to see this one! I am about to give up on the ads with no phone number! I think our e-mails probably go into spam!

Nancy

Nancy, did you check your spam file?

nurseknitsLaura 05-17-2012 09:19 AM

Nancy- I hate it when that happens. I usually don't put my phone number in my CL ads, because I hate to talk on the phone and because my kids are terrible about taking messages. But I do try and email back pretty quickly, and then I give people my number. It's funny, because, having just listed 4 machines on CL, it is a lot of effort to make a listing. So, why do people not answer when you email? One of the mysteries of life. Laura

chris_quilts 05-17-2012 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5217925)
Wow Chris can you post a photo! I think that Bernina is a really neat looking machine - it looks like a work horse! I have so many Singers that now I am more interested in the odd looking, different type machines! I wouldn't pay $500 for any vintage machine, though! But, I do really like the way it looks!

Nancy

Nancy, Haven't been on in a while but do have pictures of Fritz.

BoJangles 05-17-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5223382)
Nancy, did you check your spam file?

Yes, I checked my spam. No response!

Nancy

BoJangles 05-17-2012 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5224765)
Nancy, Haven't been on in a while but do have pictures of Fritz.

Wow, that is one handsome looking machine!

Nancy

Candace 05-17-2012 08:39 PM

Chris, that is so cool! Is it a straight stitch machine?