Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 04-25-2010 12:12 PM

Hello everyone!!!

I just want to say that since I have become a member in this community I have felt very welcome and honored to be able to get to know you all and I have met some really wonderful people and have made quite a few friends!!

Everyone here by now knows that I love old machines especially treadles and somehow you guys find me the go to guy for answers to you questions.

Every day I hop on to see what is going on and I have tons of PM's in my folder waiting on me to help out with your vintage machines. I am NOT complaining a drop, believe me I really appreciate the fact that you respect me enough to want to ask your questions and I REALLY enjoy helping you all out. Plus I get to see some really neat machines that you guys own!!!! ;)

Now I am far from an expert by no means, but you know I will do everything I can to find the answers for you or point you to someone who does know the answers. I have tons of records, manuals and parts list stored on my HD plus the stacks of factory documents sitting in front of me that could help a lot of us out with our machines.

SO...........I am going to do a PDA just for asking questions, posting photos and just a nice place to hang out, but if it really takes off who knows the administrator might set up a corner just for the vintage machines.

But I was thinking that if we had a special area to go to ask questions and post photos it might would help some else that may have the same question. To me there is nothing more special that to make a quilt on a vintage machine.

So if you like Vintage machines and you want to come to the shop and hang out with us then feel free to do so!!!

Billy

Lostn51 04-25-2010 12:37 PM

Hello All!!!!

Welcome to the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.

This is where anyone who has a vintage machine or has interest in vintage sewing machines are welcome and feel free to pull up a stool and sit a spell!!!! :D :D :D

I want everyone to feel like they are family and do not be afraid to share knowledge with us. Remember this is OUR shop and I want it to be a wonderful place for us to step back into time and relive the "Golden Age" of sewing machines.

As you can tell by the decor it is almost like you just stepped back into history sometime in the 50's and boy would you look at the machines and the store front! No modern cars out there!! We have the Doo Wop and Big Band playing in the background and unlike some places we have all sorts of machines here from treadles to the latest and greatest Japanese machines (I wonder if they will ever catch on) and of course we even have several FW's!!

So now let the fun begin!!!

Billy

no1jan 04-25-2010 12:37 PM

I think that's a great idea, Billy. I'm sure the questions I have asked have been asked many times before.

So count me in!
:) :)

Lostn51 04-25-2010 12:39 PM

And feel free to PM me also its just I wanted a nice little corner for all of those who love the vintage machines and use them!!!

EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!!

Billy

sharon b 04-25-2010 12:50 PM

THANK You for starting this :thumbup:

Oklahoma Suzie 04-25-2010 12:53 PM

sounds like a good idea.

tigger5464 04-25-2010 01:00 PM

I'm happy for you that you started this "shop"...I remember my GMA sewing on her old treadle....I always loved to sit and watch when she sewed. :D You have brought back wonderful memories for me....Thank you :D

BKinCO 04-25-2010 01:03 PM

.....brave man! This will be very interesting to watch....lots to learn!

Lostn51 04-25-2010 01:06 PM

I am looking forward to everyone coming in!! We have plenty of space and lots information to share with each other!

I am glad to see you all here! :D :D :D

Billy

patricej 04-25-2010 01:16 PM

this is not a PDA. i changed the title rather than move it to the PDA section.