Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 08-19-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5452026)
Wow, the decals on that Jones machine are beauties.

That New Home's decals ain't no slouch either.

Glenn 08-19-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5452025)
Both look a lot better! How's your knee?

I am still working on them and the two spool. Lots more cleaning to do but they are looking much better. I think my knee is about to heel but still hurts. Growing old in not for wimps that is for sure.

BoJangles 08-19-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5451990)
Got this on for $30.00 in an antique store in during the Indy trip to see Miriam and Phil

Wow Skip you are really expanding your collection - and I might add with some really nice machines! The last 3 machines you've picked up are all amazing and in really great shape. I have never seen a Jones that was not very ornate! Thank you for sharing. Geeze, does Indiana have all the nice machines? I might have to come over and visit Miriam too!

Talking about Miriam, I should be receiving my new two-tone 301 tomorrow or the next day! I am excited as I am in a sit and sew all day tomorrow, a strip club Wednesday evening, and a marathon table runner class all day Thursday! I should be able to get to know my new machine in one of those classes! It is going to be so much fun!

Nancy

miriam 08-19-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5452042)
Wow Skip you are really expanding your collection - and I might add with some really nice machines! The last 3 machines you've picked up are all amazing and in really great shape. I have never seen a Jones that was not very ornate! Thank you for sharing. Geeze, does Indiana have all the nice machines? I might have to come over and visit Miriam too!

Talking about Miriam, I should be receiving my new two-tone 301 tomorrow or the next day! I am excited as I am in a sit and sew all day tomorrow, a strip club Wednesday evening, and a marathon table runner class all day Thursday! I should be able to get to know my new machine in one of those classes! It is going to be so much fun!

Nancy

I hope it arrives intact Nancy. I can't possibly buy all the cool machines I find around here.

miriam 08-19-2012 12:04 PM

I found about a hundred more sewing machines - I can't buy them all... Good high end machines - sad....

J Miller 08-19-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5452127)
I found about a hundred more sewing machines - I can't buy them all... Good high end machines - sad....

Do you have a list of the machines? I'm (we're) just curious. Sorta kinda.

Joe

Glenn 08-19-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5452042)

Nancy

Thanks Nancy, Pat is just about ready to cut me off these machines but she did say I could have a chain stitch if I found one.:o

miriam 08-19-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5452308)
Do you have a list of the machines? I'm (we're) just curious. Sorta kinda.

Joe

No the guy was suppose to send some pics but he didn't - I've just seen a lot of ads.

miriam 08-19-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5452353)
Thanks Nancy, Pat is just about ready to cut me off these machines but she did say I could have a chain stitch if I found one.:o

Oh she did now did she???

purplefiend 08-19-2012 05:26 PM

Glenn,
Your new machines are pretty!
Sharon