Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mizkaki 11-17-2012 03:48 PM

Joe,

I use Paint in Windows 7. Its simple to use, besides Photoshop Elements drove me crazy.

Cathy

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5663458)
Cathy,

Thanks for posting the better pic. What program do you use that gives you the big arrow? None of mine do.

Joe

miriam 11-17-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5663570)
I haven't looked up from the bottom yet. To adjust the springy part I just loosened the two little screws and nudged it over a bit.

Joe

You do not need to - your's works! If what you did would not work you would need to look at how the spring is held in - fortunately I had a donor

J Miller 11-17-2012 03:53 PM

Cathy,

Thanks. I have paint but never used it for much.

Miriam,
I'll probably have it apart to do more cleaning anyway so I'll take a look see just for my education.

Joe

miriam 11-17-2012 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5663650)
Cathy,

Thanks. I have paint but never used it for much.

Miriam,
I'll probably have it apart to do more cleaning anyway so I'll take a look see just for my education.

Joe

Joe, it has been 3 years or so - I can't remember much other than it was a B**** and it took me a bit to figure out

Mizkaki 11-17-2012 04:08 PM

Miriam,

The BC retainer is held in place with a bracket underneath the bed. If the BC retainer is completely removed from the machine, getting it back in place under the bracket (under the bed) can be a bear.:o Ask me how I learned that lesson.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5663537)
Some how there is some screw under the machine that holds that in - had to round one up once

miriam 11-17-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5663682)
Miriam,

The BC retainer is held in place with a bracket underneath the bed. If the BC retainer is completely removed from the machine, getting it back in place under the bracket (under the bed) can be a bear.:o Ask me how I learned that lesson.

Cathy

Cathy you said it all - been there and done it.

quiltdoctor 11-17-2012 05:03 PM

Just checking in--A big thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers during the illness and death of my dear husband, Dick. I am starting to make a dent in all that must be done. Jenn B did call me right as I was coming back from the funeral, so I wasn't joking about getting one of her machines. She asked if there was anything she could do for me, and I said I'd love to have that maple cabinet machine from the museum sale. Hey, couldn't hurt to ask---She and I talked awhile today and perhaps we will get together after the holidays. Glenn and Pat have been so supportive and I value their friendship more each day. I'm reading the list most days, but perhaps in a few days I will be more mentally ready to begin this new life chapter.
Hugs to all,

Texas Jan

melinda1962 11-17-2012 06:10 PM

Do you have the manual to the dressmaker? The manual with was with mine, which is very similar, and has specific instructions about using the cams if you need me to send the page.

Glenn 11-17-2012 07:20 PM

Hand crank sewing machine identification

2 Attachment(s)
I have just got a little HC with the original HC complete with attachments. It is a Nelsons No. 45 never heard of it but looks like a New Home to me. Can anyone tell me about it?
Skip

miriam 11-18-2012 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 5663923)
Do you have the manual to the dressmaker? The manual with was with mine, which is very similar, and has specific instructions about using the cams if you need me to send the page.

I need a manual for stuff like that cam stack too.