Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

J Miller 02-16-2013 06:05 AM

The Howe in the picture is more of a work of art than a sewing machine.

Joe

SteveH 02-16-2013 08:51 AM

True. So VERY true. I love the variability of this period. Rather than the later automatic "this one is this way" or at best "these variants only"...

So cool

SteveH 02-16-2013 08:53 AM

FYI - Heading up to Mizkaki's place for a Play and Trade day.... Woo Hoo! I hope to "get rid of" these new machines, you know like from the 1900's ... Grin.

Mizkaki 02-16-2013 10:29 AM

Who else is coming?? I have heard from a few others. Nancy?

Cathy

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5865316)
FYI - Heading up to Mizkaki's place for a Play and Trade day.... Woo Hoo! I hope to "get rid of" these new machines, you know like from the 1900's ... Grin.

miriam 02-16-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mizkaki (Post 5865486)
who else is coming?? I have heard from a few others. Nancy?

Cathy

wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

J Miller 02-16-2013 03:10 PM

Me and Elaine too, wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe some day.

Joe

Caroline S 02-16-2013 03:18 PM

Is it permissible to post pictures of your "play day"? At least we play vicariously. I wanna play too!

chris_quilts 02-16-2013 05:21 PM

I received a surprise call today. A guy had 4 machines and 3 complete cabinets plus 2 partial cabinets and he wanted to know if I wanted to at least look at them. Of course I do!! All were Singer machines, 1 pretty rusty, and the other 3 are doable. 3 if not 4 of the cabinets are are Singer cabinets and one is a mystery. Bought it all plus a box of sewing machine paraphernalia for $100. 1 machine is a 99, 1 is a 15, 1 is a 66 and the other is a Sphinx. The last one is the rusty one and the seller said he thought maybe cats had gotten to it but it had the bullet for the shuttle in it. That one will be looking for a new home for postage only if anyone's interested.
The partial cabinets are the tops only with some ornate carvings plus mouse or rat leavings in at least one of them. I will attempt picture tomorrow.
I do have a bum hand due to a freak garage door accident that took part of my right pinkie fingertip (like down to the bone or almost there). Waiting to see orthopedic surgeon on Monday for his analysis and verdict.
He also had a Hinterberg floor hoop that he and his wife hadn't decided on for the price. I may be interested in that but not decided yet. He inherited all this stuff from his mom's estate I'm guessing. Tons of stuff.

JudyTheSewer 02-16-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5866294)
I received a surprise call today. <abuo> Bought it all plus a box of sewing machine paraphernalia <snip>

Great find! I hope all is well with your finger - I'm not very good with injuries :-(
Judy

chris_quilts 02-16-2013 06:08 PM

Thanks for the well wishes. We have all been joking about it. DH told someone that I had sasses him one too many times with an attitude to boot so this was his way of shutting me up. He was kidding but our friend looked shocked until DH said he was joking.