Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

blueheavenfla 08-29-2013 05:56 PM

Cathy, good to "hear" your cheery voice again. Thought that since it is summer you were on vacation. Surgery is not a vacation but costs about the same as a really great one. Glad you are back with us; you were missed.

Donna

Mizkaki 08-29-2013 06:28 PM

Thanks, Miriam and Skip and Donna.
I'm definitely on the mend. Its been a long ride, but I now can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6262853)
Hi Cathy, Glad you are on the mend. Welcome back
Skip

Mizkaki 08-29-2013 06:32 PM

Donna,

I see you are near my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Orlando (way back when dirt was new).

Cathy

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 6263156)
Cathy, good to "hear" your cheery voice again. Thought that since it is summer you were on vacation. Surgery is not a vacation but costs about the same as a really great one. Glad you are back with us; you were missed.

Donna

melinda1962 08-29-2013 08:25 PM

I have a 227m that has the 15 mechanism and the hinged bobbin holder. It was rusted up when i got it but i convinced it to sew. I have to borrow a slide plate from a 237 but it works.

blueheavenfla 08-29-2013 10:20 PM

I have lived here 44 years so who knows, we may have run into each other. If you ever get back this way give me a shout ahead of time and perhaps we can meet (or you stay here if you are so inclined and the guest room isn't already spoken for).
Donna

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6263220)
Donna,

I see you are near my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Orlando (way back when dirt was new).

Cathy

redbugsullivan 08-30-2013 08:51 AM

It is SO nice to have this thread back! My computer would not load it for over six months. No amount of tech support or restarting, reloading, or dumping would allow me to view the page. Reading these posts is like seeing an old friend again. Huge happy sigh and tons to share soon!

nanna-up-north 08-30-2013 09:19 AM

It's good to have you back, redbugsullivan.

Mizkaki 08-30-2013 09:49 AM

Donna,

What a sweet offer. I don't have any plans on being there in the near future, but plans change.
I do have relatives in the Orlando/ Winter Park/ Lake Butler area. I really want to get back there.
My last visit was in 1992. Hard to believe that so much time has passed. LOL

Cathy

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 6263420)
I have lived here 44 years so who knows, we may have run into each other. If you ever get back this way give me a shout ahead of time and perhaps we can meet (or you stay here if you are so inclined and the guest room isn't already spoken for).
Donna

chris_quilts 08-30-2013 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 6263344)
I have a 227m that has the 15 mechanism and the hinged bobbin holder. It was rusted up when i got it but i convinced it to sew. I have to borrow a slide plate from a 237 but it works.

This is interesting. Glad you got it sewing again.

BoJangles 08-31-2013 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6260872)
I just came back on the forum. Life has been in the way. This Singer being discussed was made in Germany in the early 1954-55. It should be a model 215. It's stitch forming mechanism (bobbin and hook) are of the class 15 design, even though the tension is not on the side like most class 15s of that era. I would call it a 15. This model was not sold in the USA.

Cathy

Great information Cathy, thank you! I knew we could count on you for the correct model!

Also, Kathy S. has kept some of us up-to-date on your recovery! I am so glad you are feeling better and on the mend. My Dad had the same problem, but when he was diagnosed some 40 years ago they didn't know what to do about it so he lived with it and ended up with cancer.

Nancy