Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 09-24-2010 01:17 PM

Billy, I just became the proud owner of a Singer Redeye 1914 machine. I think it is a 66, but not sure? Anyway, I will post pictures later, I need a throat plate and the correct bobbins for this machine.

I got this machine at an estate sale today. The people running the sale said yesterday the machine was complete, today it is missing the throat plate and bobbins. Hummmmmmm?

Nancy

sew.annie 09-24-2010 01:39 PM

Can anyone tell me about my machine "I think" its a 66 Red Eye but I can't find info on the serial number which is G783688. Thanks, Annie

redpurselady 09-24-2010 01:52 PM

It is a Singer 66 "born" in October 5, 1910. 30,000 were made.

http://www.singerco.com/pdf/SINGER_G_nos.pdf

BoJangles 09-24-2010 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy, I just became the proud owner of a Singer Redeye 1914 machine. I think it is a 66, but not sure? Anyway, I will post pictures later, I need a throat plate and the correct bobbins for this machine.

I got this machine at an estate sale today. The people running the sale said yesterday the machine was complete, today it is missing the throat plate and bobbins. Hummmmmmm?

Nancy

My new Redeye
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109990[/ATTACH]

With throat plate and bobbin missing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109991[/ATTACH]

Side View
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109992[/ATTACH]

sew.annie 09-24-2010 03:35 PM

Thank You redpurselady thats amazing!!!

Lostn51 09-24-2010 03:57 PM

Nancy

Oh she is so pretty!! And all the Red Eyes are 66's. I will PM you about the parts. Which reminds me that you have some in the mail to you right now!!

Billy

Cindy Lou Who 09-24-2010 05:09 PM

I think BoJangles aka Nancy actually doesn't live in "Rescue", she just put that since she seems to be the number one rescuer of machines around lately!

BoJangles 09-25-2010 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Oh she is so pretty!! And all the Red Eyes are 66's. I will PM you about the parts. Which reminds me that you have some in the mail to you right now!!

Billy

BoJangles 09-25-2010 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice, but you guys should know Billy is just the best when it comes to parts for your vintage machines!

Nancy

BoJangles 09-25-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
I think BoJangles aka Nancy actually doesn't live in "Rescue", she just put that since she seems to be the number one rescuer of machines around lately!

LOL!!!!!!! Cindy Lou Who I do live in a very small town called Rescue! Yes, I have been sooooooo lucky lately to find these wonderful machines, but I have to stop buying treadles! I now have 6 treadles, although I have given my 1901 Pheasant Decal treadle (the poor one I posted on page 352) to a friend. I will let her take it when I receive some parts I ordered from Billy for her! I am also waiting for a drawer I won on E-bay to replace a messed up drawer.

I have 5 treadles in the house and I promised my DH that I would sell/trade them as I find other's I like better. How can I do that? I love all my treadles! Geeze am I in trouble!

Up until now I have only bought Singer's, but now I have that 1931 White Rotary Electric Black Crinkle machine that is so ugly and different that it is pretty too! OMG! I should post a picture of that machine!

Nancy