Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 09-27-2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Here is the Minnesota C that I got on ebay and the lousy packing. This is how NOT to do it. :!:

Ok that is just sad. I know now I will not buy one off of e-bay unless I can pick it up myself!
Nancy

Lostn51 09-27-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Wow, this is the first actual Wheeler & Wilson I have seen. The machine shape looks like my Singer 9W, except my machine says Singer and doesn't have that big W on the side!

OH just wait until you see the present that Lisa got me :-D Oh I am still excited to own that machine and I promise I will cherish it especially because of who gave it to me ;)

Billy

grannysewer 09-27-2010 07:45 PM

Billy, or anyone, What is the difference in the Featherweight and the Feather lite? Or is there any?

laura59 09-28-2010 04:47 AM

Wow, this is the first actual Wheeler & Wilson I have seen. The machine shape looks like my Singer 9W, except my machine says Singer and doesn't have that big W on the side!

Great find! It is so much fun to get the old machines and bring life back into them.

Nancy[/quote]

Thanks. I am really excited to get started on them. Right now I have so many things to do, so, it will be a little while before I actually get to them. If there were 72 hours in a day, I might get something done. Lol.

Do you know where I can find some info on the Wheeler & Wilson? I'd like to find out an approximate year it was made. Also, would like to find a manual for it. Might help if I knew how to thread it also. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Laura

BoJangles 09-28-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
OH just wait until you see the present that Lisa got me :-D Oh I am still excited to own that machine and I promise I will cherish it especially because of who gave it to me ;)

Billy

Billy are you going to post a picture? I can't wait!

Nancy

BoJangles 09-28-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by laura59
Do you know where I can find some info on the Wheeler & Wilson? I'd like to find out an approximate year it was made. Also, would like to find a manual for it. Might help if I knew how to thread it also. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Laura if Miz Johnny gets on line, she can give you all that information. I posted a link the other day to Beth on where to find a manual for her 9W if you look back a couple pages on this forum. They thread really different -- the main thing is you go all the way around the tension disk -- not just down one side. And the Wheeler & Wilson's wheel goes backwards to a Singer's wheel.

Nancy

BoJangles 09-28-2010 05:31 AM

Ok everyone, the people on this forum are just the greatest. I just went to needlebar.org/main~nb/manuals and there are lots of different machines listed and manuals for those machines! I think someone was wanting a Davis manual a while back -- well, this site has manuals for lots of different makes!

I would not have know about this site if it weren't for this group!

Nancy

Nancy

BoJangles 09-28-2010 05:35 AM

Here is the link done better

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/manuals

Nancy

laura59 09-28-2010 06:13 AM

Laura if Miz Johnny gets on line, she can give you all that information. I posted a link the other day to Beth on where to find a manual for her 9W if you look back a couple pages on this forum. They thread really different -- the main thing is you go all the way around the tension disk -- not just down one side. And the Wheeler & Wilson's wheel goes backwards to a Singer's wheel.

Nancy[/quote]

Thank you Nancy. I'll go get the manual. Now to remember that the wheel goes backwards. I sure am learning a lot on this board. I'm so glad to have found it.

Laura

Nolee 09-28-2010 06:37 AM

Yes, she is indeed a beauty. If you haven't named her yet, depending on your age, you could call her "Rhonda" after Rhonda Flemming, the famous movie star redhead.

Originally Posted by no1jan
Well I guess I'll start if off. This is my newest acquisition I picked up this last week. I had posted it already, but it deserves to shine on this post.

It a a Singer Model 66-1 Treadle I got off Craigslist for free! :) :) :)

Works beautifully except for the bobbin winder I broke while cleaning her.

Isn't she a beauty. Haven't named her yet. :thumbup: