Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on Singer Featherweight 221

Question on Singer Featherweight 221

Last week I was so lucky to buy a 1947 Featherweight for the price of only 50Euro. It is so very dirty and needs a good clean. I have tested it and it works perfect despite the old dirt and dust. Unfortunately it came with nearly no accesories.
    I have found a box of accesories on the web, but it is listed as for a Singer Featherweight 222.
    I hope the picture shows here.

Can the accesories be used on my 221?

Thanks!
    Anne
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anne,

From what I've learned the 222 is just a 221 but with a free arm. So yes the attachments will work.
    Congrats on a good buy. I don't know what the Featherweights are going for over in Europe but over here they seem to be running from near $300.00 USD (230 EURO) to almost $500.00 USD (383 Euro) depending on condition and completeness.
    So 50 EURO (aprox $65.00 USD ) is a very good buy.

Joe

Hi Anne - Joe is right you can use any 222 accessories on the 221. If it has a K after the number, it was manufactured in the Kilbowie (Scotland) factory. Well done on your 50Euro find! I am impressed! Enjoy your new machine!

222 attachments will work just fine. Congrats on your new baby!!!

Blog Entries
    What a great deal! Congratulations and have fun.

Blog Entries
    pictures we need (want) pictures of this new baby !!!!!!

Congratulations on saving a classic

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Congratulations on a great price! I've wanted a 1947 (my birth year) but got the Cenenneal (sp?) model. Regarding the feet, if you get the short shank feet they will work on the 221. As someone said, the 222 is the same as the 221 but has the removable bed to use the "arm". I would love to have a 222 but they are very expensive.
    Graham Forsdyke is located in the UK and he has accessories for sale. www.singer-featherweight.com That would probably be the closest to you to get further accessories for your machine.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

Those are not Singer 222 attachments although they are for a Singer machine. The tip off that they are not the
    original attachments that were issued with the machine are the bobbins. They are not featherweight bobbins and I don't believe that featherweight attachments came in a case like the one in the picture. It's probably from an older Singer. 222's were only made for a couple of years, 1954 and 1955 and these attachments appear older. After 1955, the company found 222's too expensive to manufacture to receive good profit returns. Those attachments would fit but aren't exactly what was sold with the 221. If you check the 221 manual, you will see what was originally issued with the machine.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I agree with Shelbie, those bobbins won't fit. I noticed that right away but I have no reason to think the attachments won't work on your machine. My attachments work on all my Singers and my White.
    You did good.
    Ellen......I'm gonna go play now

http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/19.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/auntie_em22

Blog Entries
    Go to www.april1930s.com/html/machine_attachments.html. April 1930's has everything you could want for Featherweights. You'll love it!
    Cheryl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast