Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 117 of 159 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1584

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

great job thats so encouraging for me to see these beautiful quilts

Thank you all for the kinds words.

Nancy, that's too bad about missing out on the rest of the BAB blocks. At least you only had to spend a dollar a month. Maybe you could use the blocks you have in a smaller project?
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
    Thank you all for the kinds words.

Nancy, that's too bad about missing out on the rest of the BAB blocks. At least you only had to spend a dollar a month. Maybe you could use the blocks you have in a smaller project?
    I was so discouraged when I could not get any more of the same pattern I had been doing once a month that a gave the 4 or 5 blocks I had done away. I don't even remember who I gave them to - probably Hospice! It bugs me when I have unfinished projects like that - the ones that can't even be finished as first intended. I probably should have just incorporated a new fabric color - designing my own quilt! Your quilt is beautiful!

Nancy

Lovely machine

That's such a pretty quilt.... don't you just love to get those UFOs done? Nancy, I just hate to hear that you gave away your blocks and can't finish yours. I'm up at the cabin now and brought 5 UFOs to get finished...... and only have my FW up here at the moment. So, wish me luck to get them finished. At least I don't have any more remodeling to do and my broken arm is healed now. I'll keep you all posted.

Blog Entries
    This is an inspiring thread. I love to see the quilts made on the vintage ladies. I have just recently acquired a Feather Weight, a 66 all black, a 66-16 cabinet model to go along with my 301, 15-88 treadle, 66 red eye treadle, badged 15-91, and another red eye 66 boxed model. these are my vintage models, but I have some others from the 80's and newer ones too.
    My 301 is my piecer machine most of the time. And I have FMQ on her. I'll get pics of the quilts I still have to share that I made on my vintage machines.
    Thank you for this exciting thread.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Here's my latest finished quilt! Its a twin size log cabin made with lots of brightly colored scraps. It belongs it to a very sweet 5 year old girl.
    I used two Singer treadles for piecing the blocks, it was quilted on a Babylock long arm machine with Valdani thread in a variegated in bright colors. The Pfaff 1222E was used to sew the binding.
    Sharon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Very nice log cabin Sharon. Bright colors are the best.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Skip,
    The little girl is thrilled with her quilt. She kept telling her Mom that it has purple and orange!!!
    Sharon

Sharon, how bright and cheery. I have a cousin that wants to make a log cabin quilt but is having a hard time deciding how she wants to lay out the blocks. I'll have to send her a picture of your quilt. She would love it. GOOD JOB!!

Page 117 of 159 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast