Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 124 125 126 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1706

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    Nice to see a Bernina quilt! .... It's absolutely gorgeous too. I'm sure it went to a very happy home
    Amelia,
    I've been doing most of my quilting with either the Bernina 930 or 1031.
    Sharon

Mrs. Finch,
    I have a Pfaff 1222E, love that machine! I'm using it to piece a quilt from the newest issue of "Scrap Quilts" by Fons and Porter, its called "Color Study".
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 07-16-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Amelia,
    I've been doing most of my quilting with either the Bernina 930 or 1031.
    Sharon
    I think I'll use mine to put together my daughter's quilt when I'm finally up to that stage. I'm basically making jelly rolls at the moment whenever I get time - which is never! But of all my serviced vintage machines, the Bernina is the one so far that has 'the magic'. I'll also try piecing on the 222K when the time comes, but I've loved the Bernina for it's clean stops and starts, which I think would be perfect for quilting

I started this quilt in November of 2012 and finally hand stitched the last of the binding to the backside today. It is about 75 X 100. The braid side went together very quickly and initially was intended to be the front. The back side was pieced using inherited fabrics from momís estate. That side was a challenge and I never knew what design I would end up with. Most of momís fabric was pre-cut into inaccurate 3Ē squares and I used EQ7 to design as I sewed.

Name:  _FrontOfQuilt.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  199.2 KB
    Name:  BackOfQuilt.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  262.2 KB
    I used five machines to make this; 3 treadles, 1 vintage, and one modern computerized:
    1) A Singer 66 treadle to do all of the piecing
    Name:  Singer 66.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  161.2 KB
    2) Singer 115 treadle to do the perforating of the freezer paper for the paper piecing process on those two flannel borders
    Name:  Singer115TiffanyInWalnut5drawerCabinet.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  127.2 KB
    3) Singer 403A vintage electric to baste the bias outside edge of the braid side upon its completion. I didnít want those edges to stretch as I worked with that pieced top
    Name:  403A from ad - use this to attach to docs.png
Views: 249
Size:  413.0 KB
    4) Bernina 440QE computerized machine with the BSR to do the quilting (no pics of my 440)
    5) Davis NVF treadle to attach the binding
    Name:  Davis for QB.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  228.2 KB

Blog Entries
    The braid side is very pretty an the R/W/B side looks like a lot of work. How nice you were able to make use of so many of your beauties.

Very nice quilt..... I love the idea of having the back and front different quilts...... You can flip it over and have a whole different look. Beautiful!!

nanna-up-north - thanks. Yes, I like a reversible quilt too. I like to piece and this way I get to do two "tops" and spend money on only one batting. It is my frugal side

irishRose - yes, that front took a long time. It was quite a challenge using up the 3" squares in limited fabric choices. I know my brother will treasure this quilt. We remember some of these fabrics from our childhood.
    Here is the design I eventually came up with in EQ7:
    Name:  design using mom's squares_reduceSizeInPaint.bmp
Views: 221
Size:  332.8 KB
    And, here is the final quilt (washed and hung but it is dragging on the floor)
    Name:  afterWashing.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  188.8 KB
    I could NOT have accomplished this without the design software!

What an incredible amount of piecing! Your quilt is gorgeous, and filled with love from your Mother as you finished her work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
    I do all of my piecing on my Singer Featherweight 221. I use it every day. I also do FMQ of small objects with my 1951 Featherweight. I use it for everything.

Attachment 423467

Attachment 423469
    Wow, I LOVE the table topper! Did you also stipple it with your FW? I have 6 FW's and I love them all! I am now working on a Mystery Quilt using one of my FW's!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Judy, all I can say is WOW, WOW,WOW! Beautiful work - both front and back!

Sharon, great job using that Pfaff 60! As you know, I have several Pfaffs now, but only one of them is a treadle - none of the later models are in a treadle! I envy you having the 60 in treadle!

Mrs. Finch, the dog quilt is very cute, nice warm colors! I can't believe you found a Pfaff 1222 for $29.99! That is an awesome price for an awesome machine!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 07-21-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Nancy, thank you for your nice comment!

Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 124 125 126 135 ... LastLast