Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1559

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

  1. #121
    Senior Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    982
    Blog Entries
    7
    These are not quilts but I did make them on my vintage 301 machine you see in the picture. They hid a roll of toilet paper under there skirts. I set mine on the back of the toilet.

    made these on the 301
    Name:  Attachment-239748.jpe
Views: 478
Size:  55.3 KB

  2. #122
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    These are not quilts but I did make them on my vintage 301 machine you see in the picture. They hid a roll of toilet paper under there skirts. I set mine on the back of the toilet.
    Cute! Another nice project for the vintage ladies.

  3. #123
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    Seeing as dolls qualify for posting here, here's the link to the pictures of my Little Vesta with Little Red Riding Hood, made on that machine. LRRH is holding up the pattern, a genuine 1920's or so vintage pattern, that I used to make her. I traced all the pieces so I kept the pattern intact. The instructions were printed on the inside of the envelope - the makers intended you to cut it and open it out. No chance! I squinted down inside it if I wasn't sure what to do.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-4.htm

  4. #124
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    I posted a couple of pictures of a corner and the border of a quilt I made for my daughter on page 2 of this thread. Here's a picture of the whole quilt. I've had to correct the colour on the computer because it was too washed out before.

    There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

    I have a quilt being quilted at the Quilt Shop at the moment. As soon as I've done the binding I hope to post the pictures here.

    This is a single quilt laid out on a double bed
    Name:  Attachment-240556.jpe
Views: 486
Size:  109.5 KB

  5. #125
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,426
    Blog Entries
    44
    Your quilt is very beautiful!

    Quote Originally Posted by Muv
    I posted a couple of pictures of a corner and the border of a quilt I made for my daughter on page 2 of this thread. Here's a picture of the whole quilt. I've had to correct the colour on the computer because it was too washed out before.

    There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

    I have a quilt being quilted at the Quilt Shop at the moment. As soon as I've done the binding I hope to post the pictures here.
    :-D

  6. #126
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv

    There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

    .
    Muv Your quilt and doll are pretty!

  7. #127
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,000
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv

    There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

    .
    Muv Your quilt and doll are pretty!
    ditto

  8. #128
    gml
    gml is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22
    Your crumb blocks look so pretty. :) Just this weekend I started on some crumb blocks for a table topper. Wish my blocks look as pretty as yours :)

    gml

  9. #129
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Here is my latest. My daughter had seen a quilt with this patterned on the Modern Day Quilt site. She requested me to make her a quilt using this pattern. I call this modern pattern twisted 60 degrees. I do not know the correct name for this pattern.

    The piecing was done on my Eldredge Two Spools, quilting on Singer 201, binding Davis NVF, and decorative stitch to finish off the binding on Singer 401.

    Another modern day quilt made with vintage machines!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  10. #130
    Super Member kiffie2413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,321
    All of the quilts are simply beautiful! I have my great grandma's Singer Treadle machine in its original cabinet...and embarrassing to say, but did not really consider quilting with it...after "lurking" here on the board, and finally joining, and then seeing all of the lovely quilts made-and some with vintage machines, have made me decide to give it a go!...Thanks ya'll!!
    K

Page 13 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.