Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 156 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1560

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

  1. #701
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Aw Ramona! That's so sad! You know...they're never too old to put up for adoption!! ~wink~

    What kind of machine was it?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  2. #702
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    455
    Well, Miss Miriam, the Yellow Brother, finally got to make her a project. This was supposed to be donated for aName:  Redwhitebluequilt.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  302.4 KB door prize at a local country music show, but my husband got a little green-eyed when he saw it and heard what I was going to do with it. Seeing he tolerates my sewing machine addiction, I will probably let him "win" the door prize this time.
    Last edited by melinda1962; 06-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Melinda

  3. #703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    403
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Well, Miss Miriam, the Yellow Brother, finally got to make her a project. This was supposed to be donated for aName:  Redwhitebluequilt.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  302.4 KB door prize at a local country music show, but my husband got a little green-eyed when he saw it and heard what I was going to do with it. Seeing he tolerates my sewing machine addiction, I will probably let him "win" the door prize this time.
    I like that quilt! I can see why he's green-eyed. Good job!

  4. #704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    403
    Blog Entries
    8
    Forgot to ask. What's the pattern?

  5. #705
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,000
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Well, Miss Miriam, the Yellow Brother, finally got to make her a project. This was supposed to be donated for aName:  Redwhitebluequilt.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  302.4 KB door prize at a local country music show, but my husband got a little green-eyed when he saw it and heard what I was going to do with it. Seeing he tolerates my sewing machine addiction, I will probably let him "win" the door prize this time.
    I LOVE it!!! How beautiful. I think DH deserves it.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  6. #706
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    455
    It is my version of a disappearing 9 patch. It did end up as a door prize, and when the announcer held it up, there were many oohs and aahs from the audience, and a lot of "did you really make it?" going on. A very nice lady won it and kept showing everybody. My husband will get the next one, more hunting themed. That one was more for a patriotic picnic blanket, at least that is how I worded the description. Thank yall for liking it.
    Melinda

  7. #707
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    It is my version of a disappearing 9 patch. It did end up as a door prize, and when the announcer held it up, there were many oohs and aahs from the audience, and a lot of "did you really make it?" going on. A very nice lady won it and kept showing everybody. My husband will get the next one, more hunting themed. That one was more for a patriotic picnic blanket, at least that is how I worded the description. Thank yall for liking it.
    Melinda, Very nice nine patch! It has a summer fresh look of July.

  8. #708
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    More lovely quilts!

    Janice - brilliant work with all those triangles.

    Grannysewer - really jolly race quilt. It's funny, the diagonal lines give an illusion of speed.

    Melinda - bravo to your husband for making you keep the quilt! It's interesting that he took to those colours, so unlike Glenn's quilt where there is definite emphasis on conventional blokey browns and greens.

    Not that Glenn's quilt is anything but conventional! Such fun seeing all the different ideas that went into it.

  9. #709
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,000
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    More lovely quilts!

    Janice - brilliant work with all those triangles.

    Grannysewer - really jolly race quilt. It's funny, the diagonal lines give an illusion of speed.

    Melinda - bravo to your husband for making you keep the quilt! It's interesting that he took to those colours, so unlike Glenn's quilt where there is definite emphasis on conventional blokey browns and greens.

    Not that Glenn's quilt is anything but conventional! Such fun seeing all the different ideas that went into it.
    Muv, we didn't ask Glenn what color he wanted... He likes what he got though.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  10. #710
    Junior Member Ariannaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    in the sticks of PA
    Posts
    159
    Muv love the Diamond Jubilee it is beautiful, it amazes me that you do that beautiful freemotion with a treadle! By the way I looked for the video of the fmq but was not able to find.
    I love all the quilts that are made with the vintage machines I just think it is so awesome what you can do with them and how they purr. I just finished my very first on my Singer 99 I am going to attempt to post pictures of the quilt and Miss Rosie
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Page 71 of 156 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.