Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I am finally posting something on here even though I use my 301 for all my quilting. I just forget to take pictures before gifting them. It is a quilt that I made for my great-aunt May who is also a quilter herself and was so touched and moved by my gift.
    What a lovely gift! It's nice to see such a happy expression when you give something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    You guys have been up to some great projects! Very cute. I'll post one bag I finished. I actually made another one using charm squares, but didn't take pics. These were all pieced on my vintage machines. A combination of several actually and it was quilted on my Coronado. Of course all from scraps:>
    I like that even the inside is scrappy. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
    Here's my latest project, a table runner. It was pieced on my Pfaff 1222E and then quilted on my Bernina 830 Record. I went with straight line quilting this time and used Invisafil so that the design and the anemone flowers would show up.
    I do mostly straight line quilting too, trying to make myself more comfortable with FMQ. I really like the border/backing fabric on your table runner too!
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Bennett;
    Thanks. Aunt May loved it and insisted that a picture of her and the quilt be taken and she wanted a good picture of her not just any old picture. Chris
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Bennett;
    Thanks. Aunt May loved it and insisted that a picture of her and the quilt be taken and she wanted a good picture of her not just any old picture. Chris
    No wonder you made a gorgeous quilt for that delightful lady!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    My Mock Cathedral Window Quilt. Made with used jean material, and leftover fabrics and batting from previous quilt projects. Decorative stitching from my Singer 224, piecing from Singer 201, and binding Davis NVF.
    Name:  IMG_4457.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  829.7 KB

Muv
    So much variety on here - I love them all!

Monica - I'm very impressed with the curved seams on the colour wheel, and such lovely restful colours on the mock cathedral window quilt

Candace - gorgeous bag - Special occasions only, surely!

Charlee - your doll definitely has an inbuilt corset. What's her waist measurement, two and a half inches?

Chris - Aunt May's smile says it all. What a beautiful present you made for her.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    This is a mini quilt. Pattern can be found at http://charisecreates.blogspot.com/2...ilt-along.html

The mini scissors are buttons that I found at JoAnn's. Fabrics are all scraps.
    I love your sewing machine. Thank you for including the blog site. I have been wanting to make one for my sewing room. The scissors really are cute too.

Also, your mock cathedral windows hammock looks very inviting.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    Aunt May's quilt is so beautiful and her smile says it all. How wonderful to give a quilted gift to a quilter.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Blog Entries
    Candace, what a lovely, colorful bag. Such a great use of scraps.

Linda

Blog Entries
    I love the colors of your table runner. It looks so soft.

Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    I love your sewing machine. Thank you for including the blog site. I have been wanting to make one for my sewing room. The scissors really are cute too.

Also, your mock cathedral windows hammock looks very inviting.
    Thanks! Here is the link to where I got the idea for the mock cathedral window jean quilt: http://www.equilters.com/library/jea...gallbaros.html

Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 130 ... LastLast