Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 89 of 168 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Fred, that's a very pretty quilt. Very soothing colors. You and the FW did a good job piecing it.

vintagemotif, I love the colors in the denim. You used them to a great advantage. Your setting always makes me want to visit and relax in the hammock.
    Last edited by irishrose; 09-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post

vintagemotif, I love the colors in the denim. You used them to a great advantage. Your setting always makes me want to visit and relax in the hammock.
    Thanks! I should take advantage of this beautiful weather and read some books while relaxing on that hammock. My book list is growing, but I keep finding myself drawn to quilting. I have one more charity quilt to do; and then, I will read and relax on that hammock.

Blog Entries
    I like that hammock quilt too
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I posted a tutorial and QB ate the pictures
    Oh, yikes, that's frustrating! The uploading process on QB isn't very intuitive is it? And it's pretty time-consuming. It can take a while to work up the enthusiasm to try that again.

I have tutorials up on picturetrail albums and you could do it on flickr.com, too - You can upload even large pictures and you'd have a thumbnail gallery and lots of room for a description for the steps.

Nothing like those old machines....Very pretty.....

Very nice quilt Fred. Soft and soothing looking. You and your Featherweight "did good".
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Hi Fred,

That is a very nice quilt you made on your FW.

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Fred what a beautiful quilt! You say your first quilt using a FW? Are you going to quilt it yourself?

Monica those denim quilts are really inviting! Especially given the setting you used to display them! I love the red denim you used too! I guess, we should thank Cathy too since she gave you all the denim! I have done one very large quilt using denim, but it is really heavy! I really like your quilts! They are a better size for denim! You did a great job - fast too!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Fred what a beautiful quilt! You say your first quilt using a FW? Are you going to quilt it yourself?

Monica those denim quilts are really inviting! Especially given the setting you used to display them! I love the red denim you used too! I guess, we should thank Cathy too since she gave you all the denim! I have done one very large quilt using denim, but it is really heavy! I really like your quilts! They are a better size for denim! You did a great job - fast too!

Nancy
    Thanks Nancy! This quilt is heavy too. The denim quilts make for excellent hammock quilts. I think if one knew of someone with a hammock, a denim quilt would make a very nice present to go with the hammock. Or a wedding gift of hammock and denim quilt.
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 09-26-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ok I will try again this am to load my latest project. This is a Twister Christmas quilt. Most of the piecing was done on my FW or 301, at home I used my Singer 319 in treadle. I haven't quilted, or bound it yet.

This is a two part quilt. The first part using the 5" squares had to be made into a quilt top. Then I had to cut the whole thing up - row by row - using a Twister ruler. Each row had to be carefully placed in the order it was cut up - sewn together so nothing got out of place to make a second quilt top that has the twister pin wheel look. I am not sure I'd want to do one again - unless it was much smaller. Making a quilt top, cutting it up, re-assembling it is a little crazy!Name:  TreeQuilt (2).JPG
Views: 502
Size:  1.83 MB
    Name:  Twister Xmastree.JPG
Views: 966
Size:  1.48 MB
    Last edited by BoJangles; 09-27-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Page 89 of 168 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 139 ... LastLast