Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Quilts made using vintage machines! >

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 AM

A beautiful quilt. Okie quilter
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM

Nice job. Beautiful quilts!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Monica,
I like your Link quilts, it looks like it was strip pieced. Was it?

DD and I made a Link costume for her when she was 10, she learned to sew by helping with the costume. She tried to tell me that she didn't need to know how. Now she's 25 and loves to sew all sorts of Anime costumes for herself and bf.
Sharon W.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Monica,
I like your Link quilts, it looks like it was strip pieced. Was it?

DD and I made a Link costume for her when she was 10, she learned to sew by helping with the costume. She tried to tell me that she didn't need to know how. Now she's 25 and loves to sew all sorts of Anime costumes for herself and bf.
Sharon W.
Sharon, The wall quilt is made from 2 1/2" squares and the larger quilt is made from 4" squares. I cut each color into strips first. Those strips were then cut into single squares and each square was arranged to form Link. I then sewed each square together to form rows. Rows were then sewn together. The wall quilt's quilting is the look of spotlights shining from the four corners onto Link. This is a very easy and fun quilt to make.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 PM

This is my first 100% done on my FW quilt. It's for my sister's grandson and I hope he likes it. He loves to skateboard so I decided on this..... copied one of the kids on the fabric and appliqued that. I was a little worried about FMQ on the FW and it wouldn't work when I put the cover over the feed dogs but when I reduced the stitch length to 0 and removed the cover it worked fine. I still have to put the binding on but I just couldn't wait to show it off.
Attached Thumbnails 0001a.jpg   0001b.jpg   0001c.jpg   0001d.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
This is my first 100% done on my FW quilt. It's for my sister's grandson and I hope he likes it. He loves to skateboard so I decided on this..... copied one of the kids on the fabric and appliqued that. I was a little worried about FMQ on the FW and it wouldn't work when I put the cover over the feed dogs but when I reduced the stitch length to 0 and removed the cover it worked fine. I still have to put the binding on but I just couldn't wait to show it off.
Awesome quilt! I love that fabric and the skateboarder. Very nicely done!!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM

Jean you did an awesome job on the quilt and especially the skateboarder! I am really impressed that you FM quilted the quilt with a FW! I was always told not to do that as it might burn the FW up - but, look at you and the job you did! Those little machines are just work horses! Great job, great looking quilt from the choice of colors, to piecing, to applique', to quilting!

Nancy
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Awesome quilt! I love that fabric and the skateboarder. Very nicely done!!
Thanks vintagemotif...... I pondered on this one for quite a while. The nephew is 13 so I figured, lots of color.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Jean you did an awesome job on the quilt and especially the skateboarder! I am really impressed that you FM quilted the quilt with a FW! I was always told not to do that as it might burn the FW up - but, look at you and the job you did! Those little machines are just work horses! Great job, great looking quilt from the choice of colors, to piecing, to applique', to quilting!

Nancy
Thanks, Nancy. I was a little worried about FMQ on the FW but it is the only machine I have with me at the cabin this summer. It did a great job, I think, and I didn't push her too hard. I'd stitch a little and take a break. Some other board members had told me they did FMQ on their FWs so with this lap-sized quilt I thought it would be okay. She's still happy this morning and anxious to get the binding sewn..... at least she is making her 'I'm happy' sound. I love this little FW...... the others will get jealous, I think.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM

WOW! That is awesome, Nana! Great colors and I particularly like the echo quilting in the medallion. Good job!