Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this really worth 350.00?

Is this really worth 350.00?

I'm not into antique sewing machines, so, no, not to me. Others might really covet it, though.

I've never seen one like that before.

no....I haven't either. That's why it caught my attention

Power Poster
    ​Not to me but I don't collect antique machines. If it completes a timeline in your collection then it might be worth it.

Blog Entries
    Anybody can say anything about worth - you can say it is NOT worth it a collector can say it IS. Frankly I'm getting tired of it. As a matter of fact almost any vintage machine IS worth that if you go comparing the dollars it cost to buy when a machine was new - might even be worth more - just adjust for inflation.. BUT that said it doesn't mean it will sell for what someone is ASKING. BTW there is a whole thread full of CL and Ebay funny stuff - they don't all come up any more so start sorta in the back and read as the new ones come up. We do poke fun. New material added frequently: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Apparently at least 4 bidders seem to value it

If you like it, then it may be worth it, but I'd be concerned about getting the correct needles for it...no point having it if it doesn't/can't sew.

I guess a REALLY serious collector would buy that sewing machine. I am not that serious $$ wise.
    Sweet Caroline

Any thing's worth what its worth to you. If you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and can't live without it, then pay whatever you feels is appropriate to get it. If you want to buy it for an investment, or resale, more research is probably needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast