Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommended thread brand for fw

Blog Entries

Recommended thread brand for fw

I would like to know if you have a preferred brand of thread to use on a feathweight or does it make any difference? I have heard coats and clark is very linty so it isn't a good choice.
    Sewflower

Blog Entries
    While it is a bit linty, my FW loves Coats & Clark. That was all I ever saw at the store growing up, so I figured that was what it was always accustomed to. I've got a ton of it and will use up what I have as long as it's stitching ok. I haven't tried my Aurifil on it yet, but my other machine loves it.

I have used several different brands on my featherweight. Mine doesn't seem to have a specific brand apetite. When doing FMQ on mine, I have even used machine embroidery thread on it and it seems to do just fine. Good luck. I think it depends on your preference more than the machine preference.

Blog Entries
    No matter which thread you use, take the feed dog cover off every 2 bobbin fill and clean lint out.
    Just passing through!

Blog Entries
    Re:thread for FW -- I just got my 'new' little darling FW, 1937, and questioned using 100% polyester thread in view of the fact that she was made prior to non-cotton threads. Seems they can build up some kind of static -- ? Should I avoid the 100% polyester in favor of Dual Duty until I can order some 100% cotton?
    Does that make sense to any of you much-more-experienced sewists and FW users? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Static isn't going to be an issue since the FWs aren't computerized. Use whatever thread works well for you!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Whatever you prefer is what these featherweights love. I have used Dual Duty, 100% poly and 100% cotton and have never had a problem.

I've never had any problems with any thread I use on my FW.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    THANKS, everyone. Oh, I do love having such a wonderful source of information and particpants so generous with their experience!

That said, I forgot another question so must pester you all again:
    I'm quilting with Superior Threads mono-poly 'invisible' top thread (not nylon). Still okay, do you think? I can just try it, of course, but prefer to see if anyone knows before I try it, 'just in case...'
    Last edited by postal packin' mama; 01-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks goodness that none of my machines are picky about the thread they eat., not the FW's or the 66's or the Kenmore/Janome computerized machine. Oh, and I forgot the 15/90. she's sweet tempered too.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast