Reliance??????

Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Default Reliance??????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542429[/ATTACH] My husband had got me this sewing machine from a thrift store. He didn't have any idea there were sewing machines that had cams so he ended up leaving them behind at the store. I don't know if you can see in the picture clearly but right behind the sewing machine You can see a box of some red plastic pieces which I believe Are the cams. I've looked up every possible search I could to find out anything about this machine but I have found nothing. So I was hoping possibly one of you lovely friends out there could please tell me something about this machine, anything and hopefully you might also be able to tell me what kind of cams would work on this machine so I can utilize it's full capabilities. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

I am sure there will be someone on this board to help you. By the way, welcome. I would call the thrift store immediately and try to get them to locate the cams.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:49 PM

Those are oddly shaped for cams...of course, I know nothing about cams! I'm not real knowledgeable about the Japanese machines, but I'm going to guess...Brother clone? Anyway, it looks like a tank and I'll bet it will run for a hundred years once you get it cleaned up. Good luck, and I hope someone can help you soon!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:54 AM

Thank you for the welcome. I appreciate it. As far as calling the store immediately. We did and for whatever reason they just disappeared. One thing positive is how much knowledge I have gained about vintage sewing machines due to my obsession of finding some type of information on this machine. Though there are many similarities this machine has to a lot of the other well known vintage machines, I can honestly say this one looks like no other. So a clone, I'm not sure? Its my hope that I will soon have a vintage machine with cams that I can have some type of instructions on and I can afford.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:05 PM

Don't give up on the thrift store yet. Is it close enough for another visit? Maybe that little box got moved.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:10 PM

LOVE that machine! Nice hubby....
Old 02-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Banned

No, it's not a clone, nor do I think it was built by Brother. It is however, a very cool machine. Congrats.

Cari
Old 02-12-2016, 07:22 PM

Whatever it turns out to be it is really a neat looking machine.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:03 PM

So I figured out what kind of machine it is if anyone is interested. It is a Montgomery Ward 21 Jewel. Now if anybody would know any information on where I could find the cams for this machine please let me know.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Banned

Okay, it's probably built by the same manufacturer as the MW machine, but the 21 Jewel is just a badge, like Reliance is. IIRC, MW machines were built for a long time by Happy.

Cari