Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Restoring shellac

Restoring shellac

I've been told there is a person, Glenn aka "Skip" who details a great way to restore shellac. He is an antique furniture restorer and a sewing machine enthusiast. How do I find his information please?
    Carol in Mid-Mich
    ``_
    <"( );::::::::::;~ "Lots of love on little legs"

Quote Originally Posted by sewnchine View Post
    I've been told there is a person, Glenn aka "Skip" who details a great way to restore shellac. He is an antique furniture restorer and a sewing machine enthusiast. How do I find his information please?
    Carol in Mid-Mich
    Well you could have (1) asked the person who told you, (2) search for what you're looking for or (3) search for Glenn. A fourth option would be to look at the finding vintage machine resources thread which is always on the first page (Glenn's thread is linked from the first page).
    My Singers: Singer 12 MOP (1885), 2xImproved Family (1886, 1888), VS2 Roses and Daisies (1891), 15k (1910), 29k58, 96k41 (1949), 201p (1958) 206k11 (1950), 222k (1959), 320k2(1959), 411g
    Others: Bernina Record 530-2

Or, some smart alleck like me will just be a helpful doofus and post the links for you >

{ Cleaning and repairing the shellac clear coat on vintage sewing mcahines }

{ refinishing sewing machine cabinets }

Here's the two I have bookmarked. But Glenn has made many many posts on here giving much valuable information on redoing the shellac on the heads and wood. For that you can do a search on his posts.

Joe
    I love the old iron and wood machines. They're solid and reliable.
    Founder of IAAA - I Am An Anachronism .