Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sears Sewing Machine Manufacturer list addition >

Sears Sewing Machine Manufacturer list addition

Sears Sewing Machine Manufacturer list addition

Old 01-19-2015, 10:40 AM

Click the link .............. Duh, where's my sign?

I think I may be getting near needing computer glasses. I'm missing the colored links more than I'm seeing them.
And since I was on that thread, I completely forgot about it. Not surprising giving the number of posts I've done here.

Those "C" prefix machines are very similar but not identical to other Japanese made machines I've seen. I like the second one.

Joe
Old 01-20-2021, 06:56 PM

Default Help!!!?!?!

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
I posted a pic of a 3/4 coral pink Kenmore VS machine is a 159.110 sn 10584 stamped on the bed JA-47

if you want a pic. I'll take a better shot of it .
I have one of these and I love it but the needle plate was cracked when I bought it and has now broke. Do you or anyone know where I could possibly get a new one
Old 01-20-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Colistia View Post
I have one of these and I love it but the needle plate was cracked when I bought it and has now broke. Do you or anyone know where I could possibly get a new one
Welcome, cute machine. I couldn't see the shape If your are referring to the pink 159.110, xxxxxxxxxx hasn't been on for a couple of years. I couldn't find one looking for "needle plate 159.110" however, if there was a number on the broken one, it is possible that there might might be better results for "needle plate" and the "number" that was on the plate.

Looking at some pictures, that isn't a standard shape. There are some parts places that if you contact them, they may be able to tell you which one you need.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Welcome, cute machine. I couldn't see the shape If your are referring to the pink 159.110, xxxxxxxxxx hasn't been on for a couple of years. I couldn't find one looking for "needle plate 159.110" however, if there was a number on the broken one, it is possible that there might might be better results for "needle plate" and the "number" that was on the plate.

Looking at some pictures, that isn't a standard shape. There are some parts places that if you contact them, they may be able to tell you which one you need.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

thank you. And yes it’s a very hard piece to find there are no numbers on the actual needle plate. I am just getting back into sewing and am not to up to date on find things lol. The shape of this one is an odd one it seems longer than most. Thank you for all the help.