Sew Crazy...about machines.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Default Sew Crazy...about machines.

In the past week I have purchased 3 machines, all in working order and all with a "specific" purpose in mind. So now I have seven. I am wondering if anyone else has felt embarrassed to go in to their local sew shop and ask one more question, because if they knew how many machines I had, those kind people might wonder if I had all my marbles. So today I went to get some oil at a different shop and sitting on the counter was a Bernina 117 with manual and all the attachments, this was just given to the shop owner...I left my name and number...
Yes I am crazy
Old 11-04-2014, 05:12 PM

You've come to the right place! I'm hoping to purchase at least three machines between Thursday and Sunday, along with picking up one I already purchased that is being held for me.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:48 PM

You've found the right group to join; you'll fit right in!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 PM

I've concluded that my desire to own more machines is not rooted in logic. There is no "good" reason to own more than _____. (I will say 3--a working one for everyday, a backup, and another for ---I don't know why.) Why do people have collections of anything? Because there's something they love, not "need."

But I have very few machines because I also realize that I am prone to coveting, to lacking self-control, to justifying what I don't need. And a sewing machine collection --let's face it--takes up a heck of a lot more space than a coin collection! They can certainly make a place look downright junky and cluttered--but that goes for any collection.

I go round and round and ROUND in my mind. Thankfully my husband does NOT share my passion for sewing machines or they WOULD take over our space.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

Happily surrounded by people powered machines...
Old 11-04-2014, 09:39 PM

I bought one on eBay, a Singer 400. Totally implusive... but she was so pretty and close so the shipping was cheap. Anyone sources for manuals or just check esty and ebay.?
Old 11-05-2014, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Timetosew View Post
I bought one on eBay, a Singer 400. Totally implusive... but she was so pretty and close so the shipping was cheap. Anyone sources for manuals or just check esty and ebay.?
http://www.singerco.com/support/instruction-manuals
Old 11-05-2014, 06:48 AM

Welcome Timetosew! Only 7? Ahahaha! NORMAL people have 7 here, many of us have so many we've lost count! I love sewing machines and collect them and work on them more than I sew. People seem to assume just because you collect machines means you sew all the time, but people that collect swords don't sword fight all the time do they?

It's ok to collect whatever makes your heart soar. For me, that's sewing machines!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

ANd some people just collect fabric!!!
Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Welcome Timetosew! Only 7? Ahahaha! NORMAL people have 7 here, many of us have so many we've lost count! I love sewing machines and collect them and work on them more than I sew. People seem to assume just because you collect machines means you sew all the time, but people that collect swords don't sword fight all the time do they?

It's ok to collect whatever makes your heart soar. For me, that's sewing machines!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:08 AM

Welcome and you're in the right place. It's easy to justify a need for the first few, after that it's better to just go with the idea you just love them and get them because you enjoy them. There's such a variety out there why stop at just a couple?
Rodney