Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machine moviing???????

Blog Entries
    And/all of my machines bounce around when I sew on a folding plastic table. But not on a solid wood one.
    TwandasMom

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    I put the non-slip drawer liner under mine like CarolineS does. Works great!
    Same here, it works great.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by misseva View Post
    And/all of my machines bounce around when I sew on a folding plastic table. But not on a solid wood one.

That has to do with the table, I tried sewing on one years ago, it was frustrating.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

One of the rubber feet was missing under mine, so I used on of those round felt thing that are stickie on one side and put it were the foot was missing. Works good.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Senior Member oldtnquiltinglady's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My advice--if you have a 'handy husband' go to a yard sale and buy a cheap wooden table and turn him loose with it, measure it, fit the machine into a custom hole; this might take both of you working on a schematic (with you showing him all the possibilities where it might not work, or might work) and him doing the grunt work (electric saw, screw driver, etc.)....Keep us posted--my feeling is, if you are using a plastic table, that is your problem....JMHO. Jo Ann
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Try putting a small area rug with the rubberized stuff on the bottom under the machine. It will help.

I know where your coming from. My husband just put my machines in a old stand . Love it , it was not all the way down like the machine that was in there but it dos not move any more had to move my set up and get a block to put the foot on I'm not tall lol it all works gl in find your way

Blog Entries
    Same idea as everyone else, but I use the anti rug slip stuff, thicker than the drawer liner, works great!
    Sally Dolin -The Lazy Quilter
    Gammill Classic+
    Rock Island, IL

I had one of those bath mats that have suction cups on the back. Did not like it in the shower. Have had it for years. The lite bulb went off one day and I put it under my sewing machine. Works great.

heavy duty self stick velcro . sometimes you just have to use the table you have. It will still vibrat some but with 4 pieces of velcro as feet it works.
    don't stop!just keep trying and something usable will turn out!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast