Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing Road Trip....with a Twist >

Sewing Road Trip....with a Twist

Sewing Road Trip....with a Twist

Old 07-03-2015, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I love the idea but I doubt hubby would agree to it, especially the thrifting and antiquing along the way. he's ok with some of that as long as the destination is somewhere he is more excited about!
Senior MemberJoin DateOct 2013Posts780

Oh, I think you can entice hubby into it......Throw a twist in with each morning flipping the coin to see if morning or evening sex, but sex each day it is.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

DH and I did that one year just to see how far we could get to and back. Just woke up early and really hadn't planned on it. Asked the neighbors if they would watch the fur babies, gave them the keys and left. It was all spur of the moment. It was the most relaxing time and he didn't have to be on call and got no phone calls at all. When we got back the neighbors asked if we would watch their babies for the next weekend. worked out for everyone. Sometimes you just have to do it. No stress. Glad you were able to do it.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM

Sounds like you had a great time!! It would be fun to just take off on a trip to "somewhere"!

Sorry not familiar with the tool you found.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:44 AM

This was a fun thread to read. I love road trips on back roads and eating in local cafes. I'm glad you had such a nice time.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Sounds like you and your wife had a great time! Nice finds on the puzzle box and shears. I'm still hoping to stumble across a nice set like that.
Great way to do a vacation. We always have at least some itinerary in mind but we also always leave some free time to explore or whatever catches our attention too.
Rodney
Old 07-03-2015, 10:39 AM

I didn’t come home with any sewing machines like I had hoped. Of course, I asked about sewing machines or their parts at every Antique/Junk Shop, and saw several, but didn’t buy anything. I saw several treadles, but with none of them marked with a price, so I figured that they were probably too expensive anyway. I guessed that we had room in the car for about two treadle cabinets, if I broke them down into pieces. I’m not really in need of any more treadles at the moment anyway. I still have some that I need to get fixed up and into service.

The historical markers that we stopped and read included a very old cemetery. We hadn’t ever noticed Confederate Flags marking the graves of fallen Civil War Soldiers at cemeteries before, and the current events in the news brought them to our attention. There were quite a number of them, as well as US Flags marking the graves of veterans from other wars. It was a solemn feeling watching all of the flags flutter in the breeze.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails 20150628_130530a.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 01:12 PM

aww you should have come to Houston and gotten me! I was working though :-( that sounds like fun! a couple of my friends drove from Houston to somewhere in Indiana - turns out both have family about an hour apart from each other - and they stopped at quilt shops coming and going and had a great time plus company on the trip. I'd like to do this sometime if my days off line up right. don't think I'd like the driving by myself though but stopping early enough to relax and sew would be great! I hear you onthe tv and reading- I think I'd get into that old magazine myself! cable too probably- I cancelled cable so it's a novelty for me LOL!