Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Sewmor Mdl 404

  1. #11
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,818
    Nope, no manual. I did figure out how to thread her. The closest machine that she looks like is a Necchi. I think that she is a hybrid of a Necchi and a Singer 15.
    Sweet Caroline

  2. #12
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,708
    Caroline,
    I went to Relics and checked out their page for SEWMOR machines.
    http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....1834192/1.html
    The pictures they show for the 606 doesn't match yours. But it might be a starting point.

    Joe

  3. #13
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Caroline,
    I went to Relics and checked out their page for SEWMOR machines.
    http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....1834192/1.html
    The pictures they show for the 606 doesn't match yours. But it might be a starting point.

    Joe
    Thanks Joe. I had looked at the site before and my 606 does not match anything of the Sewmors shown. She does look somewhat like the 202 as she has the feed dog nob and a very similar stitch length lever. My 606 has a nob to the right of the lever to fine tune the stitch length. I am hoping that someday I will find further information or better yet, a manual.
    Sweet Caroline

  4. #14
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,708
    Well, fiddle fuddle. I've been cleaning the SEWMOR for the last two days and finally got it back together. I was going to clean the motor and put it back on when I discovered that the cooling fins inside were all broken to bits. Just rattling around inside the housing. The motor still runs, but for the most part it's toast.
    I snagged my test motor off of Mr. Crinkle and give the 404 a try. Boy does some cleaning and oil make a whopper of a difference. This thing is quiet and runs well. Sews up a storm.
    But, now I got another motor to buy. PHOOOOEY!!!!!!

    Joe

  5. #15
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,818
    I feel your pain Joe. Motors and electrical are the bane of my vintage sewing machine existance. But you have given me an idea to have a test motor handy. My DD purchased a really nice and clean 66 Godzilla that apparently needs re-wiring as she can't get it to run. We are going to purchase a new motor and controll pedal to get the 66 running.
    Sweet Caroline

  6. #16
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,708
    Caroline,

    I've had decent luck replacing the cord wiring in motors, rewiring the wall cord, the presser foot cord and everything between. But when parts of the motor break, it's kind of hard to do that.

    Joe

  7. #17
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Caroline,

    I've had decent luck replacing the cord wiring in motors, rewiring the wall cord, the presser foot cord and everything between. But when parts of the motor break, it's kind of hard to do that.

    Joe
    Yep. I agree, when it is toast, it is gone. I have three hopeless (to me anyway) motors that I am sending to my brother to see if he can restore and repair them. He was a jet plane air conditioning HVAC tech in the Marine Corps and he says he can fix any motor if it is fixable. I am on way my way out this morning to purchase a good soldering iron to add to my repair tool box.
    Sweet Caroline

  8. #18
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,708
    What really bugs me is the motor still runs but the cooling fan shattered. I've never seen that before. And where in world could one find a cooling fan for Dutch made sewing machine motor? I hate to see an otherwise good motor go in the junk box for such a goofy reason. But that's the way it is.

    Joe

  9. #19
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    What really bugs me is the motor still runs but the cooling fan shattered. I've never seen that before. And where in world could one find a cooling fan for Dutch made sewing machine motor? I hate to see an otherwise good motor go in the junk box for such a goofy reason. But that's the way it is.

    Joe
    Hmmmm. Send me some pictures of the motor and the shattered cooling fans. I will send them on to my brother and see if he has some ideas on how to fix if possible.
    Sweet Caroline

  10. #20
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Hmmmm. Send me some pictures of the motor and the shattered cooling fans. I will send them on to my brother and see if he has some ideas on how to fix if possible.
    Well, I can take some pics of the motor, but to get pics of the cooling fan I'll have to take it apart. So that will happen tomorrow.
    Right now my work bench is occupied by the SEWMOR's case. I stripped the wall paper off the bottom and am gluing it back together. It wasn't broken, the glue just gave up and it came undone.

    Joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.