Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 115

Singer 115

So Someone brought me a bobbin case from one of these with a piece broken out of it, and I looked through my books-supposedly a 20U bobbin case will interchange. Well I looked at the picture of the 20U bobbin and it looks like a different cat altogether. Is that an error or will it really interchange?

Blog Entries
    check with someone like sew-classic or other vendor
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Looking in my spreadsheet, it shows the following:
    541678NBL BOBBIN CASE, NO B/LASH SGR. 20U ETC. JAPANESE
    541678 BOBBIN CASE, BR, SGR 20U, WHITE, RICCAR ROT

Looking online at the photos for that part number I see bobbin cases that have a "notch" out of them and ones that don't.

google "541678 bobbin case" and click "images"

The bobbin case in my 115 doesn't have that notch. Have you tried it?

It also takes 20U bobbins: 55623S
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

I have been looking through old files I'd saved from 1999 FW Fanatics and TreadOn and VintagesSingers discussions. I found this:
    BTW, the bobbin case from the 319W will fit the Singer model #115 if anyone has a 115 with the bobbin case missing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCow333 View Post
    I have been looking through old files I'd saved from 1999 FW Fanatics and TreadOn and VintagesSingers discussions. I found this:
    I'm thinking sew-classic sells cases
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill