Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 128 Bobbin Winding Problem >

Singer 128 Bobbin Winding Problem

Singer 128 Bobbin Winding Problem

Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 AM

more importantly, are you able to use the machine now ? I think they stitch really nicely. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine !
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
more importantly, are you able to use the machine now ? I think they stitch really nicely. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine !
Yes, the machine works great, but I will continue to try to get the other bobbin winder to work and I will try to get the other 128 to work, also. I have a collection of vintage machines and I love them all. I hate to see one that isn't working as it should.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
Yes, the machine works great, but I will continue to try to get the other bobbin winder to work and I will try to get the other 128 to work, also. I have a collection of vintage machines and I love them all. I hate to see one that isn't working as it should.
Surfergirl:

I have a bobbin winder that gave me fits at first too. Did you take the time to clean the worm gear and the teeth on the drive cog? Did you oil it?

When you seat the worm gear into the cog... it has to have some play or it will just jam up. Also check to see that there is no grim or thread bits jammed into the mechanism. In my case there was a bit of black thread caught up under the screw on the back of the drive cog.

Do you need an adjustment guide for your 128? I can provide you with a link if you need it.

I recently bought a 128 the seller said was in "great or excellent condition" LOL So far I have found that the shuttle carrier was bent, the take up lever was bent, and the motor was/is weak.