Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is this Singer a 201?

Is this Singer a 201?

I need some help identifing this lovely old Singer. The photo is from craigslist and I want to be sure it's not one of the 3/4 size machines. Can you help? The serial number starts with AH

Name:  201.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  57.8 KB

Nope, not a 201. That's a 66. Most likely a 66-16. It is a full sized machine. The AH won't tell much as they made lots of machines with that prefix. Need the whole number if you have it. I can't read it from the pic.

It's missing the slide plate of course, but other wise it's in nice shape. I don't see a power cord, so if you go look at it make sure it's there.
    '
    Hopefully the slide plate is there somewhere too although they are easy to get.

Joe

you can also see the belt pulley..... the cord plug block at the motor mount , plus a potted motored machine the hand wheel stick out farther.

s/n looks like ah 673497. maybe 87 no model # tag

AH479497 is the serial number. The machine has slightly concave bobbins and it DOES have the slide plate.

It didn't have the power cord, but the foot control is there. I have a power cord from a 15-91 so that's no problem. Can't sew on both at the same time anyway!

Poor baby is bone dry. I went ahead and bought it, the table is in wonderful condition. The bobbin area is different from any machine I've seen, very interesting! It's calling to me so I need to get off this computer! I'll hunt down a manual when I figure out which machine it is.

Thanks for the info Joe, narrowing it down to the 66 helps me head in the right direction.