Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 301 with case and accessories >

Singer 301 with case and accessories

Singer 301 with case and accessories

Old 01-09-2014, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaMiller View Post
I paid $50 for mine two years ago because it had a horrible picture on Ebay. After cleaning, it was perfect and it came with the original case and some spare parts. Now they are going up like crazy because they have an aluminum frame and are light enough to take to activities. They are the big sister to the Feather Weights. I like mine even better than the FW. I would gladly pay $100, if I had to. They are arguably the next big thing. If I could only have one vintage machine, it would probably be a 301. P.S. I would recommend a roller case or a light plastic case as opposed to the original to save weight.
thanks Donna. i will keep that in mind. i know i wouldn't be all over this machine as i have no idea how good it is if not for the advise and inputs of the QB members. i will see how she is tomorrow when my uncle stops by. thanks to everyone.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 PM

got the machine. oiled it (hardly any oil in it), clean and tried sewing. it has a nice stitch. here it is.. the case is in a nice condition but quite dingy. i will try to clean it up and if i can't i will just change the fiber cloth. the only thing is it didn't come with any standard 301 attachments, except for one extra bobbin. surprisingly, it's so heavy with the case on. but if you're just carrying the machine by itself, it feels so light. maybe this is a wood case after all.
Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-5.jpg   photo-6.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-4.jpg  

Last edited by vmaniqui; 01-14-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:13 AM

Beautiful machine and what a great deal!!!! If you find a way to clean the case, please let us all know. I have 3 cases that are in desperate need of cleaning. Love my 301 and use it almost exclusively for all my quilting, piecing and sewing.

Chris